29. The cook in Baratie

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

It  was an unusual peaceful day for the crew, because usually they would hear the sound of their captain and sharp shooter running around while playing their childish games with each other. But that silence didn't stay long as Luffy suddenly jumped up excitedly, and held out a black flag with a poor drawing of a white skull with a replica strawhat with Luffy's. 

"It's done! Our Jolly Roger" 

The three crewmates then stopped whatever they were doing and looked at the abomination in Luffy's hands. Each one of them had a different expression on their faces. Usopp was the first one to comment. 

"Isn't a pirate's flag supposed to make others fear when they look at it?" 

"Well, it sure looks scary, but I'm more scared of his talent to be honest", Nami said while placing her hand on her head. 

"He still nailed it though. If I'm his enemy, I will definitely run away because of cringe". Zoro smirked 

Luffy then put his hands down and pouted at his crewmates. The captain knew he wasn't the best when it came to art, but it couldn't be that bad, right? Usopp then walked up to Luffy and took the brush inside one of the painting buckets near them. 

"Your draft is.....terrible, Luffy. Let's a pro with 50 years of experience like me show you how it's done" 

"It's not a draft. Besides, doesn't that make you an old man", Luffy pouted quietly while sitting in a corner.

Usopp then started to paint another Jolly Roger for the crew. But the thing was that Jolly Roger wasn't the same as Luffy's. The flag has a white skull with brown hair and a long nose, a brown hat with striped patterns, and a slingshot in place of one of the crossbones. Zoro and Nami were speechless as they saw the second flag in Usopp's hands. Luffy rushed to Usopp and gave him a bonk on the sniper's head as soon as he saw the flag. 

"WHO TOLD YOU TO PAINT YOUR OLD FLAG, DUMBASS" 

"Now, now, they said the third time is a charm, right?" Nami calmed Luffy down 

Usopp then attempted to draw the flag again, but this time it was a perfect Jolly Roger for the Strawhat Pirates. Luffy looked at it with satisfaction and nostalgia, while the others were grinning happily. 

"Alright, Usopp! Now on the sail", Luffy said cheerfully. 

After everything was done, Luffy suddenly felt sad as he remembered their old times. Even though the captain had lowered his hat to hide, Zoro had noticed it ever since he joined Luffy. The swordsman then decided to ask his captain later. 

Suddenly, they heard someone calling to the den den inside Luffy's room, which was the captain's quarter. Luffy then rushed to his room and left his crewmates to go back to what they had been doing before he showed them the flag. The captain quickly picked up the receiver and asked