50. The meeting

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

Soon the meeting among the Commanders, minus Thatch, and their captain would start. Ace had gone out to help Sabo brush his fur, so the phoenix was alone in his room. Marco was nervous, his foot kept tapping on the floor repeatedly, while sitting on his bed with both hands crossed. Although Whitebeard, Izo and he had planned beforehand since last night, Marco couldn't help but to worry as thing could go wrong.

The plan was quite simple. First, the commanders would be alerted about the situation at hand right in their upcoming meeting. Therefore, they would all keep their guard up for danger and take turns to be on the lookout at night. As soon as Thatch came back, Izo would inform him about the plan and the chef would be put under 24-hour supervision, and at least one commander would be with him all the time. Right now, keeping Thatch safe was their top priority. As for that fateful night, it needed to be discussed with others later, and so were their next moves.

Couldn't wait any longer. Marco then set off toward the meeting room. Each step was getting faster and faster, since his nervousness was slowly rising even more and more. Once he was in front of the door, Marco quickly slammed it open, making the people in the room flinch.

"Ma-Marco?!" Izo exclaimed.

"Sorry" Marco said as he noticed that he had scared them.

Inside was Izo, who was dressed in a simple purple shirt and black pants, instead of his usual Kimono, but the make-up was still on. Whitebeard was sitting on his giant throne right at the top of the table, while resting his face on one of his hands. Marco then casually walked up to his seat and settled down, trying to stay as calm as possible. However, it didn't seem to escape others' notice.

"Nervous?!" Izo asked while placing a hand on Marco's shoulder.

"A bit", Marco said.

"It was understandable that you worried, as things almost never go smoothly. However, if it truly goes wrong, then we will prepare for the worst case" Whitebeard said, making Marco smile gratefully at him.

Suddenly, the door was once again burst open by Ace, who was then walking toward Marco, along with the other Commanders. Sabo, still in his big dog form, came running toward Whitebeard and curled up on his lap, then sat there. Making the giant captain laugh at his childish antics. Sabo was there because he was acting as the second Commander for the Second division, since Ace wasn't always available to help his division, so it became Sabo's job. Soon everyone had already settled down to their seat. Marco then gave out a sigh, then stood up, ready to start the meeting.

"I was reported by an anonymous informant that there was a traitor among the crew, yoi"

Gasps were heard around the room, as they were very shocked after hearing about the news. Even Sabo had also peaked his head up, as the hellhound was curious and shocked. However, Marco decided to ignore all of them and continue

"They also gave me the time at which the traitor may plan to attack"

"Who gave you this information?" Ace asked.

"The point of being anonymous is not to be known, Ace" Sabo said.

"Then.... Who is the traitor?" Ace asked again.