53. The sick captain (1)

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

Feeling the breezy wind went right through her beautiful blue hair, while standing in the crow's nest with binoculars in hands. Vivi must admit these few days, since their departure from Whiskey Peak, had been an interesting experience for the princess. Vivi was doing the duty of looking out, and she was grateful to know that she could do something for the crew instead of sitting there and doing nothing. She didn't want to be a burden after they had agreed to help her. Suddenly Vivi saw someone screaming, so she decided to check the deck.

"I DID IT! I FUCKING DID IT"

Turning out it was Nami, the navigator seemed like she was very happy to accomplish whatever she had been doing. Everyone else was also there, so this must be their daily training, judging by the sweat on their bodies. Looking at the cheerful face of Nami, Vivi couldn't help but smile at the ginger-haired girl. Perhaps the princess had taken a liking to the sweet navigator, who could have thought.

Luffy then walked toward Nami and gave her a few pats on the head, making Nami smile playfully like a child being praised by her parents. The others also gave her a few compliments here and there, even Karoo was happy for her. Since Nami and Usopp weren't beasts in power like a certain trio, feeling happy about getting the hang on a power technique was understandable, with Usopp being a bit sooner than Nami, as he had already known about the basics. Yes you read it right, both Usopp and Nami could finally be able to use Observation Haki, not the advanced though. This made Sanji to be the only left. What a surprise!

"Judging by your hard work in secret, being able to go this far was praiseworthy", Luffy said.

"Wait...YOU KNEW?!" both Nami and Usopp exclaimed.

Ever since Nami knew about Haki, she had come up with the idea of training secretly at night. However, doing it alone didn't bring any progresses, so she asked Usopp to come along. Even though it took a toll on their energy, they still kept on training, as they didn't want to be left behind by others or be a burden to the crew. Little did they know that Luffy and Zoro had already known about their secret, but they decided to be against the idea of interfering. Even the captain left their meal alone for a few times and only stealing from Zoro and Sanji's dishes, figured that they might need to eat more in order to keep up training like that.

"Why didn't you two tell me?! I could have made a more nutrient meal for you", Sanji said in worry.

"Sorry?" Nami apologized, but it ended up more like a question.

"Alright, that's for today, forts" Luffy said, then ran toward Sanji while shouting.

"SANJI, FOOD!"

Nami suddenly remembered something, so she quickly turned toward the crow's nest. Cupping her hands around her mouth, then shouted

"VIVI! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE BREAKFAST"

"I'M COMING!" Vivi replied, then slowly got down from the crow's nest.

Once Vivi arrived at where Nami's was, both of them then went side by side, heading toward the kitchen in silence with Karoo following behind them. Right after Vivi reached the kitchen, the princess quickly took a seat and waited for the meal to be served just like the others. Suddenly, her curiosity about their training popped up, so she asked