48. Whiskey Peak

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

The crew had just arrived at Whiskey Peak not long ago. They were shocked to see the townspeople were celebrating their arrival. Some were waving their hands, some were whistling, and the others were cheering as soon as they saw the ship was at the dock.

"What the heck?!" Usopp exclaimed.

"A town that welcomes pirates! That's new". Sanji said,

"Grand Line sure is a strange place, isn't it?!" Luffy laughed.

"We should probably sleep with our eyes open". Zoro smirked.

Looking at the cheering crowd, the whole crew thought Zoro was just joking. Unknowing that Zoro wasn't fully joking around, Grand Line was a dangerous place that was something no one could deny. Therefore, keeping their eyes out for danger was essential, and Nami would do just that as the navigator also had the same thought as the first mate.

However, Sanji soon forgot his doubt as multiple ladies waved at him, some even blew him kisses. Usopp had also lost. As soon as he heard some of them praise the crew as 'the warriors of the sea' , the sniper quickly puffed his chest to show the pride of the so-called captain Usopp.

Suddenly, a tall man with a ridiculous curly hairstyle came to greet them once they finished docking.

"Welcome, Pirates! My name is Igarappoi, this town's mayor. Whiskey Peak is the Grand Line's most hospitable rest stop, so I would like to invite you to take a rest from your courageous and weary adventure, and enjoy the drinks, food, music and cheerful atmosphere before you go onward on your next journey"

Right at the moment the mayor had finished his speech, Luffy quickly rushed toward the mass of people without a single word, and head to wherever that delicious food was waiting to satisfy his belly.

"And.....he's gone" Sanji said after blowing out a trail of smoke.

However, the cook soon also searched for the group of beautiful ladies from before, then made a jump right in the center of the group as soon as he had spotted them.

"Another one," Nami sighed.

"Count him in", Zoro said, while pointing at Usopp, who was dramatically retelling the story of them going up and over the Reverse Mountain to a group of people.

She didn't know about those two, but Luffy must have something up on his sleeve. Despite having such a carefree and cheerful persona, Luffy always put his guard up in case of danger, and was ready to protect the crew. However, now Luffy seemed to have lowered his guard, not even aware of the danger.

Could this mean that Luffy was just going along with them? And here she thought she was good at acting, guessed this would be Luffy's stage then. Anyway, she then went with the flow, might as well steal from these people. Besides, there wouldn't be anything wrong as long as Zoro still kept his eyes on the crew and the ship.

"Not sure if they're truly a bunch of fools, or they're just better actors than those townspeople. Either way, we might as well enjoy this moment", Nami said, then quickly joined those boys.

Dusk soon fell, as the crew was enjoying their time with a joyful atmosphere that came from the party. Some enjoyed small drinking or eating contests, some took their time to retell their journeys. Soon, Luffy also jumped into a drinking competition with Nami, right after Zoro was defeated. Then the music started, and the crew decided to join in with a few dances. Usopp and Sanji were seen dancing happily among the group. This was another wonderful time for the crew.