31. The strongest swordsman

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

The morning sky gradually rose, and the sunlight shone on every corner of the Going Merry. In the girls' dorm, where the navigator was sleeping peacefully, but then she was awakened by the morning sunlight. Nami slowly sat up and stretched her body, then she turned to the small table next to the bed where she placed her family photo, then she smiled sadly.

"Good morning, Bellemere!" Nami smiled.

After she had done all of her personal hygiene, and dressed up. Nami walked out of the room with a confused look, as the ship was so quiet, this wasn't normal at all. Usually she would hear Zoro was training or Luffy and Usopp were fooling around, but today there was no one on the deck, which made Nami feel quite uneasy. She then decided to look at the kitchen where Luffy would likely be there.

Inside, the navigator saw Luffy, Zoro and Usopp sitting on the table along with Yosaku and Johny. They were looking at all these wanted posters that the hunter duo owned with enthusiasm. Nami then walked toward them.

"I was wondering where you all went to?" Nami said.

"Yo, Nami!" Luffy greeted

"Oi, look at this, guys! Klahadore is worth 16 million berries. We should have captured him then gave him to the Navy to exchange for these berries", Usopp said, while his hands were holding Kuro's wanted poster.

"Luffy, what's the matter?" Zoro asked when he saw Luffy had lost deep in his thought while crossing his two arms.

"Hm..."

Luffy's face had changed into the color of red, slowly smoke could be seen coming from his head which got everyone to sweatdrop at him. After a while, the captain had given up on whatever he was thinking.

"Ahhhh! I give up. I can't remember anything", Luffy said.

"What are you trying to do, Luffy ?" Usopp asked.

"I don't know, it's just something that I had forgotten, but maybe it's not that important". Luffy said

Nami then took a seat next to Usopp, who was the opposite of Luffy. Looking through those wanted posters that were laid on the table, Nami suddenly caught the sight of a certain fishman's bounty, which made her face go pale. Nami then looked at everyone to check if they noticed her expression, then slowly took away the poster. Little did she know that Luffy had seen her every single move since she came into the kitchen. The captain must admit that it was hurt to see her feeling so scared of that stupid fish.

"Hey, I'm going out to take a breath. If you go to the restaurant, then you don't need to call me, OK?" Nami said when she walked toward the door.

As soon as Nami was outside, she decided to take a deep breath then go to the back of Merry so she could be alone. But when Nami arrived, she was shocked to see a familiar figure sitting on the rail of the ship. Her eyes were watching the peaceful sea.

"L-Luffy? When did you come here?"

Luffy didn't answer, the captain only looked at her with an unreadable expression. Nami then slowly realized that Luffy must have seen her acting strangely a few minutes ago, so he decided to go and check on her. Nami slowly felt quite uncomfortable with the look Luffy was giving him, but then the same thought when she saw their bounties once again appeared inside her head.