27. The battles begin

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

Inside the mansion that we knew so well, a man, who could be seen by the moonlight, was standing upon the body of Merry, one of Kaya's butlers. The man was wearing a glove attached with sharp blades on each of his fingers, and blood was dropping down from those blades. Suddenly, he put off his right glove and pulled out a watch.

"Those idiots are late. They are supposed to raid the village now, but everything is still so quiet" Klahadore,....no let's call him by his real name, Kuro. He seemed to be quite mad because everything didn't go according to what he had planned.

Kuro then put his watch away, put his glove back, and turned to the hallway where Kaya's room was located. Decided that Kuro wouldn't wait for those idiots that he called his crewmates anymore, the former captain slowly walked down the hallway. He even let the blades of his glove go across the wall, which destroyed a few things on its way.

"Oh, miss Kaya~" Kuro called out with a ghostly-like voice.

No sound could be heard except for his steps and the blades scratching the wall. Slowly, Kuro reached Kaya's room, then turned the doorknock and opened it. Looking at the figure who was still lying on the bed asleep soundlessly, Kuro gave out a devilous smile. At last, he could finally reach his goal of staying in this mansion for these whole 3 years as a butler for that naive little girl.

"It's just me and you now, my dear Kaya", Kuro said.

As he was getting closer to the bed, suddenly the blanket was thrown at him, which caused Kuro to be surprised. When he finally put it away, Kuro quickly took a look at his supposed to be 'Miss Kaya'. In front of him was a boy, wearing a straw hat, and a black coat on his shoulders, scars under his eyes and on his open chest. Kuro quickly remembered him as one of Usopp's friends, the one that followed that liar.

"What's up!" Luffy greeted him while sitting by the window.

"What are you doing here? Where is Miss Kaya? Did you kidnap her?" Kuro, not so calmly, said

"Actually, we did kidnap Kaya," Luffy said playfully.

"I demand to know where she is, or else I will call the Navy on you."

"Uhhhhhh...About that...I have already done it, so no need to call them again. Besides, who will they trust? A rookie with no bounty, or a former pirate with a weapon and blood on his clothes? You're smart enough to know the answer, right?"

Now that Kuro had noticed what was happening, the kid obviously knew his plan before hand. If not, then he wouldn't come up with a plan to change places with Kaya. And clearly, he was also the reason why his crew still hadn't raided the village. This got Kuro to feel furious. He was Kuro of a Hundred Plans. How dare the kid ruin his 3-year plan?

Looking at the now very pissed captain Kuro, Luffy was amused and glad that everything had been very smooth, according to his plan. Even though it was quite out of character of him to follow a plan, maybe Law would be so glad that his youngest brother actually made one and followed it.

-Flashback-

"OK, so the plan is simple. We will divide into two teams. The first ones are Zoro, Usopp and Nami. I want you guys to retain those pirates that will come from the slope where we docked our ship,...." Luffy said while looking at the trio.