42. Loguetown

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

"GUYS! LAND HO!" Luffy shouted from the crownest.

The captain then jumped down to where his crewmates were lying, just to see all of them were in a half-death-like state. Their bodies were cover in bruises, cuts, minor injuries and their own sweat after a few hours of their training with the merciless captain. However, judging by Zoro's expression, he didn't seem to be pleased with the training.

"I regret it, totally.......regret it!........ Never thought it could......be this hard". Nami confessed

"Luffy!......you.........you held back.....didn't you" Zoro said, with a bit angry inside his voice

This got the crew's faces slowly turning from shocked to terrified. The captain was literally only using a wooden stick to hit them while they were blindfolded, but they could definitely feel that Luffy had made sure to beat them senseless. Plus, Luffy quickly moved up to spar with both Sanji and Zoro like a few hours ago was nothing to him, leaving Nami and Usopp to train themselves. Later, they moved back with the blindfold while playing tag, and Luffy was the one to catch them with the same familiar wooden stick in hand, letting the crewmates find a way to avoid getting hit by Luffy.

And now Zoro said the captain didn't go full out. How powerful was their idiot captain? How much energy could his small body contain?

"Yeah! Besides, the training isn't as tough as what will happen on the Grand Line. Therefore, you can't handle this training, which also means you aren't truly ready for the Grand Line", Luffy said while jumping up and down, excited about exploring the upcoming island.

The crew were all quiet as they were taking in what Luffy had told them, encouraging themselves to keep moving forward with the hellish training. After a while, Sanji decided to stand up first and fix his clothes.

"I'll head to the kitchen. We can't go explore with an empty stomach now, can we? So what do you want to eat?" Sanji smiled.

"MEAT!" Luffy yelled.

"Of course" Sanji chuckled.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"So this is Loguetown, huh?! It certainly looks big". Zoro admired

"It's shocking to know the pirate era started in this place" Sanji exclaimed.

The Strawhat crew just arrived at Lougetown not so long ago. While they were docking, Nami had already explained to them about the town, and why it was called the town of the beginning and the end. The crew, except for Luffy, were all shocked to discover that this was where the infamous Pirate King was born and also executed. Plus, Luffy also confirmed that they had come to this island, which also meant that they were very close to Grand Line. Therefore, the crew decided to spend their time either gearing up or buying something they wanted in this town.