Chapter 3: First Day at UA

I woke up and rolled over, looking at my clock. 'Ugh... that's the worst part about school. Getting up early,' I thought to myself as I rolled out of bed. I looked in the closet and put on my brand new uniform. I looked in the mirror and smiled, "This is it," I said to myself, tying my hair up.

I walked out of my room and saw a note on the fridge.

Had to go to work, good luck at your first day of school, kiddo.

Kei

I smiled and made myself some breakfast, eggs and toast, and then walked out the door to the bus stop. I got on and after a few stops, I saw a familiar head of purple hair walk on. "Shinso!" I exclaimed happily.

He looked over, saw me, and smiled, "Hey Tanaka. I take it you made it into the hero course?" 

I nodded and said, "Even though you aren't in it too, I'm glad we're still going to the same school!"

He chuckled, "Yeah, at least I have a friend at school."

My eyes widened slightly. 'Friend...?'

Flashback

"You wanna be friends with us?" a girl with light blue hair asked, appalled.

I nodded slowly, but she and her friends laughed. "You're just a loser. Why on Earth would we wanna be friends with you? Besides, your wings are annoying and make you look ugly," she insulted.

"Yeah, they make it hard for anyone to see when they're behind you," another girl with black hair commented.

"Not to mention your clothes, those dirty rags are so old and faded I'd guess they're like 30 years old," a third girl insulted.

"Your parents probably don't even love you," the blue-haired girl teased.

End Flashback

I looked down, "Y-You consider me a friend?"

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "I mean, yeah. You're the only person who... hasn't considered me a villain simply because of my quirk."

My golden eyes met his purple ones and I saw only sincerity. "Whoever doesn't want to be friends with you is an idiot," he said quietly.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, "Thanks Shinso!"

He stood in place, shocked and flustered, before slowly wrapping his arms around me too. "No problem, Tanaka."

The bus comes to a stop and we exit the bus, going our separate ways to get to our respective classes. I look around, "1-A... where's 1-A...?" I thought to myself, only looking at the signs above the doors and not paying attention to what's in front of me. Suddenly, I run into someone's back. I look in front of me and see the boy who yelled at me during the entrance exam. 'Oh no...' I thought to myself as he turned around and sneered at me.

"Watch where you're going stupid extra!" he yelled.

I flinched and looked away, scared, "S-sorry. I was just trying to find my classroom."

He rolled his eyes and asked, "What class are you in, dumbass?!"

"...1-A," I replied.

He stared at me for a second before he scoffed, "Of course I'm stuck in a class with you..." he grumbled before he started walking away. He then stopped and looked back at me, "Are you gonna follow me to class or are you gonna stand there like a pathetic loser?!" 

I gulped and rushed toward him, following him to class. We got there and he sat down at his newly assigned desk, putting his feet up on the one in front of him. I walked to the teacher's desk and looked for where I was assigned to sit. 'Oh no...' I thought to myself as I stared at my name. 'Right in front of him.' I gulped and walked toward my seat, unsure of what to do. 'My wings take up so much space... he's probably going to get mad at me...' I thought to myself before I sat sideways in the desk so my wings were facing the window and were out of his way.

"Fucking bird brain..." the boy, who on the list was named as Bakugo, muttered.

Third Person POV

Bakugo stared at the girl in front of him. She had long, golden blonde hair and golden eyes. His eyes then skated to her wings and he noticed how they started as red at the top and slowly faded to orange. 'During the exam, her wings were on fire. She must have a quirk that makes her like a phoenix,' he thought to himself before he scoffed, 'Stupid extra.'

He looked away for a moment, but then looked back, 'She kinda looks like Hawks... they must be related.' He kept looking at her and got mad, 'Why the fuck is she so perfect?!' Then, a boy with blue hair and eyes ran in and immediately started yelling at Bakugo to move his feet off the desk.

Meanwhile, Midoriya walked in and noticed Bakugo and Iida, the last two people he wanted to be in a class with, but then his eyes moved to the girl sitting in the desk next to Bakugo. He blushed as he noticed how pretty she was, but then he noticed her wings. 'I wonder what her quirk is!' he thought excitedly.

.

.

.

After everyone went outside to start the tests, Fuka watched as Bakugo threw the ball as far as possible. 'So powerful,' she thought to herself.

For the 50 meter dash, Fuka found herself paired up with Midoriya. She quickly flew to the finish, earning a time of 3.4 seconds. Midoriya was much slower, but when he reached the finish, he walked over and smiled, "That was cool! What's your quirk?"

Fuka explained her phoenix-like powers and Midoriya quickly wrote it down in his notebook. "Your quirk is so cool, Tanaka!"

Fuka blushed and said, "Thank you Midoriya."

They moved on to the next few tasks, when they got to the ball throw. Fuka was called up and handed the ball. She thought for a moment before releasing a few of her feathers and using them to hold the ball. She then sent the feathers out as far as she could until she could no longer control them. Aizawa held up the meter to show a score of 500 meters. Fuka walked back and everyone started to notice how similar her quirk was to Hawks' quirk. They all started asking and she explained, "Yeah, he's my uncle."

She smiled and every boy and a few of the girls instantly blushed. 'So pretty,' they all thought.

Once the tests were over, Fuka looked at the scoreboard to see that she was in second place, just behind Bakugo. She looked around at her classmates and saw that several people were staring at her. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

Everyone shook their heads and looked away quickly, all blushing. She turned around to see a boy she hadn't gotten acquainted with yet also staring at her. She tilted her head, but he stayed silent, only slightly glaring at her. She shivered, reminded of the looks her parents would give her, and looked away. Todoroki kept staring at her, trying to figure her out, 'Niece of the number 3 hero... she better not get in my way.'