Chapter 27: Staying with the Bakugos

Tanaka's POV

"Doll..."

"It's time for a reset..."

My eyes fluttered open as someone shook my shoulder. I looked up and saw Katsuki sitting in front of me. 'Right... I'm in a car...' 

I nodded and tried to get up, but my body was still aching and tired. "Don't move, dumbass," Katsuki scolded before he got out and walked around the back of the car, opened the door, and picked me up bridal style.

He took me into his house as his parents carried our bags inside. "Thank you, it really means a lot that you all are taking care of me," I muttered bashfully.

"Of course, sweetheart!" Mitsuki exclaimed as Katsuki set me on the couch.

"Um... will I be sleeping here again?" I asked.

"Yeah. I hope you don't mind," Masaru stated.

I gave him a soft smile and saw that there were tissues and pictures of Katsuki scattered over the table. 'They must've had a hard time while we were gone...' I thought to myself as I noticed that Midoriya was in several of the younger photos. The two of them even appeared to get along and be friends. 'I wonder what happened between them...'

"Oh, sorry about that," Mitsuki said as she gathered the pictures off the table.

"It's ok, don't worry about it," I whisper.

"Oh, I'll get started on dinner. Katsuki, do you want to help me?" Masaru asked.

Katsuki glanced between me and his father, obviously not wanting me out of his sight. "Katsuki, it's ok. Go spend time with your dad," I whispered low enough that only he could hear.

He hesitated for a brief moment before he scoffed and said, "Whatever," and got out of his seat to join his dad.

After he was gone, Mitsuki sat on the couch in front of me and sighed, "Sorry about him. I bet being trapped with him for three days straight was rough."

I chuckled, "Actually, I couldn't imagine being there without him. He made it bearable..."

Mitsuki's expression softened as she scanned my injuries once more. "At least you're safe now," Mitsuki reassured.

I gave her a soft smile and sat in silence as Mitsuki put on the TV. 

"The Symbol of Peace, All Might, officially announced his retirement after the fight. In other news, the two UA students who were kidnapped by the League of Villains, Katsuki Bakugo and Fuka Tanaka, have been recovered. However, Tanaka was recovered with severe injuries. After speaking with police, they revealed that Tanaka's injuries were a result of torture inflicted by the League. They won't disclose the reason for the torture to protect the safety of the student, but one could only imagine what that poor girl went through. However, the police also revealed that earlier this month, a completely separate kidnapping attempt was made on this student..."

A lump formed in my throat as I felt Mitsuki's eyes turn to me. I reached over, grabbed the remote, and changed the channel to a comedy movie that was airing. We sat in an uncomfortable silence, the only noise being the cheesy comedy. "Alright ladies, dinner's ready," Masaru announced as I caught a glimpse of Katsuki carrying plates to the dinner table. 

I slowly stood from my seat, ignoring the ache in my body as I shuffled toward the dining room. Mitsuki ushered me into a seat before taking a plate and filling it with food, placing it in front of me. "Oh... Thanks Mitsuki," I said, embarrassed.

"Of course sweetie," she replied.

I blushed as she then poured me a glass of water. Katsuki then sat beside me with a huff, grabbing his fork and immediately digging in. I picked up my fork and took a bite of food, instantly sighing with satisfaction. Mitsuki caught it and chuckled, "Have you missed warm, homecooked meals?"