Chapter 11: The Sports Festival Pt. 2

Tanaka's POV

I look over at Todoroki, and just by looking at him, I can tell that we were both thinking the same thing. 'We need to talk to Midoriya.'

We both walk over to him, and Todoroki says, "We need to talk."

Midoriya follows us as we walk to a discreet tunnel. Todoroki and I stand next to each other as Midoriya stands on the other side of the hall. "So... what did you want to talk to me about...?" Midoriya asked.

I look down and say, "In the cavalry battle... your last attack... there was so much power surging through your body that it... it terrified me."

Midoriya looks down, and Todoroki says, "It made me break a pledge I had made to myself to never use my left side... I've only seen that power from one other hero."

"All Might," I state accusingly.

"Midoriya, tell me. Are you All Might's secret love child or something?" Todoroki asks.

I facepalm and say, "Todoroki... no," I turn to Midoriya and say, "Although it is obvious that there is a connection between you and All Might."

"T-that's not it at all!" Midoriya exclaims nervously.

"'That's not it at all,' that makes it seem like there is a connection you're not supposed to talk about," Todoroki states.

Midoriya froze. I stare at him intently, trying to figure him out, as he crumbles under my intense stare. "Did you know that my father is the hero, Endeavor?" Todoroki asks.

Midoriya nods and says, "The number two hero," he turns to me, "And Hawks, the number three hero, is your uncle."

I nod solemnly as Todoroki explains how he is the product of a quirk marriage and how his scar is from his mother pouring boiling water on his face. 'He didn't tell me about that part...' I thought to myself, staring at him. Todoroki then explained his pledge to disregard his father and declared that he would beat Midoriya without his flames. Todoroki walked away, and I turned to Midoriya, "You're a good guy, and I do consider you a friend... but I have to prove that even I can become a hero..."

He stares at me for a moment and asks, "What do you mean...?"

I sigh, "Todoroki isn't the only one with a fucked up past."

I walked away, leaving Midoriya and a certain blonde eavesdropper in a stunned silence.

I approach the food stands and see the girls all sitting at a table. "Tanaka! Come join us!" Uraraka calls out.

I get some food and join them at the table. "Anyway, what were you saying, Yao-momo?" Tsu asks, continuing whatever conversation they were having.

"I was wondering what all of your parents do for work. Mine own a support equipment company," Yaoyorozu stated.

"Mine own a construction company," Uraraka stated.

Everyone goes around saying what their parents do while I was just sitting in silence, hoping that they wouldn't ask me. However, after everyone else had gone, they all turned to me and Yaoyorozu asked, "What about you, Tanaka? Are they heroes like your uncle?"

I gulped and shook my head, but before I got the chance to answer, someone called out, "Yaoyorozu!"

We all turned around to see Kaminari and Mineta approaching us. "Glad to see all the Class 1-A ladies together. We are here to deliver a message from Aizawa," Mineta stated.

We all looked at him suspiciously before Kaminari stated, "Yes, he said that all of you have to participate in the cheer competition later and should be getting into uniform right now."