Chapter 4: Combat Training

Fuka's POV

"You pest!" My father yelled, throwing me to the ground.

I looked at him fearfully, unsure of what to do. My mother approached me and sneered, "Everyone would be happier if you just died."

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked around and saw Keigo walking toward me. "K-Kei...?" I asked, wishing for help.

He looked at me and scoffed, "I can't believe someone as weak and stupid as you is related to me. You're such a burden."

My heart shattered. I looked around and saw everyone I knew slowly walking away, laughing at me. "G-guys? C-come back! Please! Don't leave me!" I shouted.

But they wouldn't listen, and I was left alone in the dark.
.

.

.

I awoke with a start. I looked around and saw that I was in my new room in Uncle Keigo's house. I sighed and got up, looking at the clock to see that it was 4:30 am. 'Son of a bitch...' I thought to myself.

I got up and looked around, realizing I hadn't explored the neighborhood and surrounding town. I opened my large window and perched on the windowsill, the cool night air blowing on my face. I jumped out and spread my wings, flying through the sky. 'God, I forgot how much I liked night flying,' I thought to myself as I soared through the night sky. I flew around for a while before landing in a park, deciding to enjoy some nature for a bit. I checked my phone and saw that it was now about 5. I sighed and walked around, enjoying the sound of the gentle breeze blowing through the leaves. I decided to sit down on a bench and just stare out into the park. I then heard footsteps beside me, and I looked over to see a figure walking toward me. I couldn't make out their face, but I could tell they noticed me. "Tanaka?" The person called out, their voice familiar.

I looked closer and noticed that it was Midoriya. "Midoriya...? What are you doing out here so early?" I asked.

"I was on my way to train... what are you doing out here so early?" he asked.

I sighed and said, "I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go for a night flight."

"How come you couldn't sleep? Did something happen, or do you have insomnia?" He asked, approaching me.

I sighed, "It was just a nightmare..."

Midoriya nodded and after a few moments of silence, he asked, "Tanaka... what is it like to fly?"

I turned to him, his green eyes locking onto my golden ones. I smirked, "Well, how about you find out for yourself?"

He looked confused, but then I stood up beside him and grabbed him by the waist. He instantly got flustered and asked, "W-what are you d-doing?"

I smiled and said, "Showing you what flying is like."

I took off, and he squeaked, grabbing me tightly. We soared high into the sky and flew amongst the clouds. Midoriya started looking around, his fear immediately replaced with awe. I chuckled and glided slowly, watching as the sun began to rise. We sat in the sky in peace for a while before Midoriya looked up at me, his cheeks slightly red. Unbeknownst to me, Midoriya was flustered and in awe of how strong, beautiful, and graceful he perceived me to be.

After a while of flying, I ask him, "Where do you live? I can just drop you off if you'd like."

He pointed out his apartment complex and I flew down to it. We landed on the ground in front of the building and he smiled, "Thank you, Tanaka! That was amazing!"

I smiled and punched him lightly in the shoulder, "Don't mention it. Anyway, I'll see you at school."

He waved and ran up the steps, his face burning bright red. I turned and decided to walk around, seeing that it was about 5:45. I walked through the neighborhood and began passing some nicer houses. I looked around and noticed that one of the houses said 'Bakugo'. "Huh, didn't realize they're neighbors... must be why Bakugo has a strange grudge against Midoriya," I muttered to myself.