Chapter 9: The Aftermath

Tanaka's POV

I woke up warm, my head resting on something hard but comfortable. I then heard a soft 'aw' and the sound of a picture being taken. Then I remember everything that happened and where I was, opening my eyes to see that I was essentially cuddling a peacefully sleeping Bakugo. My face heated up and I pushed myself off of him, falling off the couch in the process. I hear laughter and turn to see Mitsuki laughing at me. "H-how long have you been standing there?" I whisper, not wanting to wake up Bakugo and have him see me in this embarrassed state.

"About a minute, I've never seen him so calm before!" Mitsuki answers, geeking out slightly.

I blushed a deep red and stood up, "Um, can I use your phone to text my uncle your address?"

Mitsuki nodded and gave me her phone so I could text Keigo. 

Unknown number 

Sunday, 8:43 AM

Hey, this is Fuka. The address is 431 Copper Street.

Ok kiddo
I'll be there in about 20 minutes

I give back Mitsuki's phone and she goes to the kitchen, making herself a cup of coffee. "Would you like some?" she asks.

I nod and she makes me some coffee, and a few minutes later Bakugo walked into the kitchen. I awkwardly avoided his gaze, not wanting to think about what had happened. 'It wasn't anything serious, he was just helping me sleep,' I thought to myself.

Third Person POV

Bakugo stared at Tanaka, blushing slightly. 'I can't believe I let her cuddle me,' he thought to himself, getting some coffee. 'Tch, I shouldn't be getting distracted by girls right now.'

Mitsuki then made breakfast, and as they were finishing up their food, a knock sounded at the front door. Mitsuki got up and opened the door to see Hawks. "Hey, is Fuka ready?" he asks.

Mitsuki looked back and saw that she was almost done. "Almost. Would you like to come inside?" Mitsuki asked.

He nodded and walked into the house. "Hey, Kei!" Tanaka called out.

"Hey kiddo," Hawks greeted, turning to Bakugo, "This must be your classmate."

Bakugo tensed up before nodding. 'The number three hero... her uncle...' he thought to himself. "Thank you for letting Fuka stay the night," Hawks said, turning to Mitsuki.

She smiled and said, "No problem."

"Ready?" he asked.

Tanaka smiled and nodded, turning to Bakugo and saying, "Thanks for all the help... it meant a lot."

Bakugo's heart skipped a beat, looking at her smile, knowing that it was purposefully directed at him. The feeling made him confused, which made him angry. "Tsk, whatever," he says dismissively.

Tanaka walked out the door and Hawks followed behind. "Do you think you're ok to fly or do you need me to carry you?" Hawks teased.

Tanaka rolled her eyes and said, "I got it."

They took off and were peacefully flying through the air, when Hawks glanced at his niece and sighed. "So... you wanna tell me what happened?"

She tensed up instantly, and said, "Um... Shinso kinda... made me say some very personal things..."

Hawks felt rage and protectiveness flood his body. "Why? What kind of things?" he asked, his voice stern.

"Stuff I haven't told anyone... and it was because we were practicing his quirk... the first was an accident as it wasn't necessarily a personal question, but a personal answer. But he didn't stop, he kept digging even though it was obvious that those questions were personal..." Tanaka replied, holding herself.