Chapter 36: Fiery Determination

Third Person POV

Deku screamed in rage, watching the spike go through Tanaka's heart. He fought Chisaki until his legs and arms were impaled, causing him to hang limply for a moment. "Another person is about to die because of you! Is that really what you want?! Eri!" Chisaki shouted using Nemoto's quirk.

"N-no... I don't want this..." she muttered, walking toward him.

"Eri..." Deku whispered.

"If I go back... you have to promise to make them all better again!" she demanded.

"Yes, it's much better to be hurt yourself than for others to be hurt for you," Chisaki taunted, glancing at Tanaka, who hung limply on the spike.

'Her quirk will have her reincarnate within the next ten minutes, I need to make this quick,' he thought to himself before the ceiling caved in, revealing several heroes fighting the big Hassaikai member.

Chisaki launched Eri into the air, but as they were rising, she noticed something flutter through the air. It was a red and orange feather, flying alongside a red cape.

"I will be your hero!" 

"Not this time Eri. We're getting you to safety!"

Eri reached out and grabbed the feather and the cape, activating her quirk and disconnecting Chisaki from Nemoto. She looked down and saw Deku jumping up, shouting for her. 'They're not going to stop... until I'm safe! I have to trust him!' she thought before making a leap of faith.

.

.

.

Uraraka ran over to Tanaka, whose body was still hanging off the spike. "No!" she screamed, stopping in front of her friend's dead body, "You can't die! Come back!" Uraraka pleaded.

When she reached for Tanaka, though, she felt heat radiating off her skin. Not normal body heat though, fiery heat. Moments later, Tanaka burst into flames, falling into a large pile of ash. Uraraka watched with teary eyes as moments later, the ash burst into flames. A figure rose from the ashes, although they were completely encompassed with flame. "Tanaka?" Uraraka asked as the flames died down, only coming out of her eyes and wings.

Tanaka opened her eyes, and instead of the usual gold, they were like a raging wildfire of orange and red, matching the inferno that raged around her eyes. The flames of her wings made them seem extended as she jumped into the air, flying straight toward where Deku was fighting Chisaki. Deku and Eri's eyes were drawn to the flickering inferno below them, and they watched as Tanaka burst out of the tunnels and into the air, charging at Chisaki. Chisaki's eyes landed on her flaming figure and he grit his teeth. "Don't get in the way!" he screamed, throwing a punch with his massive arms.

The second he touched her, however, his entire arm burst into flames. He screamed in pain as Tanaka screamed in rage and directed all of her flames at him, burning the man. Deku took the opening to go up and punch him into the ground. The last thing Overhaul saw was the electric sparks of energy that surrounded Midoriya and the fiery inferno coming from Tanaka.

Chisaki slammed into the ground, practically unconscious, while Deku landed in a strong position, glaring at him and Tanaka slowly glided to the ground in an almost angelic fashion. Her face was one of rage, her only thoughts being on keeping Chisaki down. She didn't even notice as Eri's power went out of control and as she started killing Deku. What she did notice was Overhaul making one last attempt at taking back Eri, so she jumped up and unleashed her flames at the man while his hand touched Eri, causing him and the people he was fused with to go back to their natural state. The scene calmed down again as Tanaka just stared at Overhaul, and when her flames died out due to Eraser Head's quirk, her body collapsed due to sheer and utter exhaustion.

.

.

.

The news caught the entire fight. Deku's strength, Phoenix's power. It was all over the news for the country to see. The members of Class 1-A who did not participate in the raid watched the video in awe. "Midoriya and Tanaka are crazy strong!" Mina exclaimed.

They all nodded while two boys in particular watched with utter amazement, and while neither would admit it, they were not just impressed by Tanaka's firepower, but they were amazed and entranced by the way she looked angelic in that overpowered state of being.

Across town, the League of Villains watched the news. "Her firepower rivals Endeavor's," Dabi said to himself.

Shigaraki watched the two in dissatisfaction, 'They're levelling up...'

Hawks stole a peek at a TV in the Hero Commission building. "Holy shit, kiddo..." he remarked with a smile on his face, pride surging through his body.