Chapter 33: Working with Fae and a Meeting

Tanaka's POV

I straightened out my school uniform as I waited in the waiting room of the agency. 'I know she agreed to see me, but what if she doesn't want to take me as a work study student?' I thought to myself as my knee bounced up and down. Luckily, since this hero has wings, all of the chairs in the waiting room are properly accustomed to accommodate winged people so I didn't have to sit in a weird position. After about ten minutes of waiting, the receptionist turns to me and says, "Fae will see you now."

I gulped and nodded, standing from my spot and taking my suitcase, which contained my hero costume, and following the receptionist as she guided me to the hero's office. The receptionist knocked on the door and I took a deep breath as I heard a sweet voice say, "Come in!"

I opened the door and was met with bright, sky blue wings and brown hair. "Hello! You must be Tanaka! Or should I say Phoenix," Fae said as she rushed toward me, "Oh my goodness you are absolutely adorable! I've never interned a first year!"

I sweat dropped, all of my expectations of how she would act thrown out the window. Her costume was a pale green, loose material that hung loosely around her body. Her chocolate hair was tied into a bun, revealing her pointed ears and her wings were fairy-shaped as opposed to my bird-like ones and they were a pale, translucent blue. Her pale blue eyes twinkled as she asked, "Well, what made you choose my agency?"

"U-um, well I asked my teacher, Aizawa-" I started.

"Oh my god your teacher is Shota?!" she exclaimed.

I nodded hesitantly, "We went to UA together! He was quite the troublemaker back in the day! Well, at least his friends were and they just dragged him along as they did what they wanted!" Fae joked.

I chuckled at the thought, "Really?"

"Yeah! We called them the three dumbigos!" Fae exclaimed.

I chuckled again in disbelief, "That sounds nothing like him."

Fae chuckled before she said, "Anyway, I hope you know that sometimes I will need to call you to work during school. Try not to fall behind in your classes though. Oh! I need to sign your paperwork, don't I?"

She grabbed my work-study contract from my hands and stamped it, handing it back to me, "Alright! Now you're mine till you graduate!"

'That was easier than I thought...' I thought to myself. "Anyway, get dressed in your hero costume and I'll take you out on patrol, ok?" she said.

I nodded and did as she said, and once I was changed, she took one look at me before she squealed, "Oh my god! You're so cute!"

I blushed as she fawned over me before she took me out on the patrol. "So, tell me, why do heroes go on patrol?" Fae asked.

"To not only be available to help should villains attack, but to reassure the public," I answered.

"Correct, but it's also to build a relationship with the public. If you know them and they know you, they will be much more cooperative and trusting should an emergency occur," Fae explained as people came up to say hi and get autographs from her.

"Oh my! It's Tanaka! From the Sports Festival!" someone exclaimed.

"Actually, her hero name is Phoenix!" Fae stated proudly.

People looked at me with stars in their eyes as I smiled. We finished talking to them before we were able to continue on our way. 

Third Person POV

Across the city, Midoriya held his hand out to a small girl, who flinched at his hand. 'That flinch... reminds me of Tanaka at the Sports Festival...'