Chapter 7: New Scars

Tanaka's POV

I awoke to the sound of steady beeping. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around to see that I was in Recovery Girl's office. "Fuka!" I hear a familiar voice exclaim.

I turn my head to see Keigo standing beside me, concern all over his face. "Kei...?" I ask.

"Thank god you're awake!" He exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"How are you feeling, deary?" Recovery Girl asks, walking over to me.

"I feel ok," I say, not really feeling any pain.

"That's good. Now, I was able to heal most of your injuries, but... I wasn't able to completely heal the decay that Shigaraki caused to your face. You will have a scar there from now on," Recovery Girl explained.

I sat up and looked to the side where Recovery Girl was holding a mirror. A medium-sized patch of skin on my forehead was rough and scarred. "Your beautiful face!" Keigo cried out dramatically.

"It's not the end of the world, Kei," I say, annoyed.

"Yes, you should be glad she is even alive!" Recovery Girl scolded.

"I know, I'm just messing with you," Keigo teased, ruffling my hair.

I smiled and stood up, a little wobbly at first, but Keigo then grabbed my arm and wrapped it around his shoulders so he could help me walk. "Thank you," I say.

He nods and walks me out of the school. "How long was I out?" I ask.

"Only a few hours, although you did give me a heart attack," Keigo explained.

"Sorry..." I apologized.

"It's ok," he smiled, picking me up bridal style and taking off.

"Sorry, walking would've just taken too long," Kei explained.

I shrug and watch as people stare and point, some fangirls screaming. "Who's the pretty girl? She looks just like you! Do you have a secret child we don't know about?!" They asked.

"She's my niece!" He explained, flying away, all of them fangirling over the fact that Hawks has a relative they didn't know about.

We get home, and I instantly crash on the couch, turning on the TV. "-course was attacked today at an off-campus facility. One student was injured, and two pro heroes were left in critical conditi-" Keigo turns off the TV, tired of the media.

"How about a movie?" He asks.

I smile and nod, him jumping onto the little hammock he has beside the couch.

.

.

.

After school was out for the rest of the week, we finally got to go back. I boarded the bus and watched Shinso get on as well. Once he spotted me, he immediately ran up and asked, "Are you ok?! I saw that your class was attacked!"

I sighed and said, "Yeah, but I got a badass scar now, too," pointing to my forehead.

He looked up and sighed, "Idiot, you need to be more careful."

I nodded and smiled, "I'm just glad no one else in my class got hurt."

We left the bus and went to our assigned classes. The second I walked through the door, I was bombarded with concerned classmates asking a million questions. We were all silenced by Iida, allowing me to actually sit down. Aizawa, covered in bandages, then walks into the class. He then announced that the UA Sports Festival was growing near, which piqued my interest. 'That should be fun.'