Chapter 21: Training Camp

Tanaka's POV

'Ugh, as much as I hate swimming, I really wish I accepted the girls' invitation to go a few days ago. These past few days have been boring!' I thought to myself as I packed for the training camp, "At least I get to see them all the time for the next week!" I said aloud.

I finished packing and walked out to see a note from Kei on the fridge, 

"Good luck at training camp and have fun!"
-Kei :D

I chuckled lightly before grabbing a quick snack from the fridge and bolting out the door, flying to the school. I noticed that a few of my classmates were already there and flew down, landing beside them. "Good morning guys!" I said.

"Good morning Tanaka," Iida stated enthusiastically.

"I wish I had wings, it would make travelling so easy," Jirou remarked.

"But it makes sitting and laying down a little complicated," I told her.

"Why were you wearing shorts under your skirt!" Mineta grimaced, trying to look up my skirt when I was flying above them.

"For the exact reason you hate that I wear them," I snapped.

We then boarded the bus and luckily, Mr. Aizawa allowed me to sit alone so I could sit comfortably, as we had enough room on the bus for me to do so. I put some earbuds in and played some music, looking out the window for the entire ride. After about an hour or so, the bus stopped so we could stretch our legs. I looked around and saw a random car parked beside us, and two women walked out of it. 

"Oh, it's the Pussycats," I remarked as they did their obnoxious intro.

Midoriya perked up, "They're a four person team who specializes in mountain and wildlife rescues! This'll be their twelfth ye-"

Pixiebob put a hand on his face, "I'm 18 at heart."

He nodded rigorously as I noticed a small boy beside the car. I tilted my head in curiosity, staring at him until I heard Aizawa say, "It's not rational to stop without reason."

"Your training camp is all the way over there at the base of that mountain," Mandalay stated.

"That's so far away!" everyone remarked.

"Guys, I'm getting a bad vibe..." I noted.

"Yeah, we should get back to the bus..." Sero stated as we all tried running back to the bus.

Aizawa smirked and said, "Your training camp has already begun."

Suddenly, the earth beneath us began to shake, collapsing and dropping us off the cliff. I tried to catch as many of my classmates with my feathers as possible as Mandalay said, "This is private property by the way, so use your quirks as much as you want!"

"It's 9:30 right now! Kitties who don't make it to the camp by 12:30 won't get any lunch!" Pixiebob yelled out.

I gently guided my classmates to the ground as Mineta, who I let fall, ran toward the forest to take a piss only to be attacked by an earth monster. "Pixiebob's quirk..." I muttered, flying forward to attack it.

I took a flaming feather-sword and slashed at the beast, the flames cutting through the monster and defeating it. I looked back at my classmates and said, "Sorry guys, I'd like to make it in time for lunch," before taking off into the forest.

I encountered rock monsters one after the other, taking them out with speed and strength. After about an hour, my arms and wings were burning, but I kept fighting. At around midday, I finally made it to the other side of the forest, my wings drooping. "Tanaka, it seems you made it here first," Aizawa remarked, looking at his watch, "It's currently 12:29. Good work."