Chapter 29: Ultimate Moves and Therapy

Tanaka's POV

"This is the Training Dining Land, or TDL," Cementoss explained as he created pillars for us to train on. 

"You need to start developing your ultimate moves in preparation for the Provisional Licensing Exam," Aizawa stated as Ectoplasm made several clones for us to train with.

I flew up to a platform and an Ectoplasm spawned there. "Alright, do you have any ultimate moves in mind?" he asked.

I nodded and flew up above him before lighting my wings ablaze and shooting a large amount of small feathers at him, "Bullet Hell!"

Ectoplasm attempted to evade the feathers, but ended up taking a lot of hits. I landed beside him and he said, "You adapted the attack you performed at the Sports Festival. Clever, although it could you use a bit more feathers and firepower for it to completely overwhelm your opponent. It should also be used with caution as your allies could be caught in the crossfire."

I nodded and kept working on perfecting the move. After about two or three hours, Aizawa called out, "Tanaka!"

I looked around and flew down to him, "Yes Aizawa?"

"Once you finish perfecting the ultimate move you are working on now, I want you to continue with the teleportation move you discovered during finals," Aizawa instructed.

I nodded and flew back up to Ectoplasm. I told him Aizawa's instructions and we got to work on the teleportation move as I had made enough progress on Bullet Hell. At the end of the day as we were leaving the gym, Aizawa called out, "Bakugo! Tanaka!"

We turned to face him as everyone else kept going ahead. "It's time to start your counselling. Bakugo, you're with Hound Dog. Tanaka, you're with Midnight. Believe it or not, both of them are licensed counselors. You'll be seeing them every Monday-Friday for the next two weeks before the license exam," Aizawa explained.

I nodded and Bakugo huffed as we walked our separate ways. I walked to Midnight's therapy office and knocked. "Come in," she beckoned.

I opened the door and walked in to see her sitting at a desk with a couch across from it. "How are you feeling, Tanaka?" she asked.

"I'm ok..." I muttered, embarrassed to be in this situation.

"Go ahead and take a seat and we can get started," she said, gesturing to the couch.

I shuffled over and awkwardly sat sideways on the couch so my wings were hanging off the side over the arms. 

(Small note, I have never been to a therapy session so idk how this works, so if this isn't how things go, that's why. Sorry in advance)

"Ok, now let's start with some basic questions. Have you been having any nightmares since the incident?" Midnight asked.

I gave her a small nod. "And what have they been about?" she asked.

I lowered my head, saying nothing. "Take your time, but I can't help you if you don't answer honestly," Midnight said calmly.

"Mostly Dabi..." I muttered.

Midnight wrote that down and asked, "I'm assuming he played a part in your torture?"

I nodded and she said, "It's perfectly natural for you to be haunted by people that have caused you great harm. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

I nodded again and she asked, "What else have your nightmares featured?"

"A little bit of Toga... but not as much as Dabi and..." I answered, stopping myself before mentioning Kai.

"And?" Midnight asked.

"No one..." I evaded.

Midnight frowned, "I understand that this is a hard topic to talk about. You don't have to tell me today, but I would appreciate if you cooperated. Again, I can't help if I don't know what the problem is."

I stayed silent as Midnight continued, "Now, what are your feelings toward the situation? Say the first emotions that come to mind."

I took a deep breath and answered, "Fear... shame... guilt..."

"That makes sense, but explain why those specific emotions?" Midnight asked.

"Well... fear that they will find me and... hurt me... Shame that the situation happened... that I wasn't good enough to fight against them and keep myself from getting kidnapped... Guilt that what happened to me caused Katsu to have nightmares, caused all of my friends to worry, and... and caused All Might to lose his powers." I admitted.

Midnight's eyes softened. "I see... it's perfectly natural to feel that way. However, here at UA, you are safe. UA's security is top notch. Second of all, you should not be ashamed. You are a first year in high school. Those villains are the real thing, you shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. The mere fact that you're still here, still fighting, proves that you are strong. And as for the guilt... you aren't at fault either. Bakugo is having nightmares, not because of you, but because of what the villains did. Your friends were worried because of the villains. And as for All Might, he knew the risks. He didn't care that he might lose his powers, all he wanted was for you and Bakugo to come home safe. That's all that matters, and I'm sure that All Might doesn't regret what happened whatsoever."

Those words shot right through my heart. Tears threatened to form in my eyes, but I sucked them back down out of instinct. "That's all for today. From now on, I want you to chart what happens in your nightmares so we can tackle each individual problem head-on. Think you can do that?" Midnight asked.

I nodded and got out of the seat, quickly shuffling out of the room. I hurried to the dorms, but as I was nearing the dorm, my eyes landed on a familiar head of purple hair. I sighed and kept walking, only for him to look up and notice me. "Tanaka?" he asked.

I nodded and he sighed, "Are you feeling alright?"

I nodded again, causing his expression to fall. "Sorry... old habit... thank you for coming to save me," I muttered.

"I couldn't stand the thought of you being kidnapped. Especially with how things left off between us," he stated, his violet eyes meeting mine, "I want to become a hero and make up for what I did."

More tears threatened to fall, but I sucked them back in and nodded, "Ok. Thank you, Shinso. I'll be watching."

His face lifted and a smile came to his lips. "Thank you, Tanaka. I won't let you down!"