Chapter 35: Go!

Tanaka's POV

In the middle of the night as I struggled to sleep, my phone buzzed to life. I shot up and grabbed my phone, reading the message. I shot out of bed and went to the kitchen, seeing Uraraka, Tsu, Kirishima, and Midoriya standing there. "Tomorrow." I stated.

They nodded and we all stood with each other quietly, thinking about what is about to happen.

8:00 AM

I stood beside Fae in front of a very familiar building. She looked at me and smiled, "Don't worry, we'll save her. I never got to tell you, but I'm very proud of you for speaking up. Your information helped us find her faster and advised us against the biggest threats."

I nodded and she pulled me into a small hug, "It'll be ok. I'm sure coming back here is scary."

"T-thanks Fae..." I muttered.

"Now let's get those bastards," she stated.

Fae led me toward Nighteye's group, who we would be working with throughout the raid. My eyes met Aizawa and Midoriya's. "Midoriya, Tanaka. Remember what I said," Aizawa said.

Midoriya and I nodded before the police had us charge. We ran into the base, Ryukyu's team stopping to deal with a member I hadn't met who stole other people's energy. We kept running and I said, "That vase there!"

We stopped in front of a vase where Nighteye entered in a code I'd seen my parents and Kai enter a thousand times. 'He must've seen that in someone's future,' I thought to myself as three people came storming out of the tunnel. One had red wings. The other had fire on his arms. I extended my wings in front of my teammates as a shield and shouted, "Get down!"

My father shot fire at me while my mom held me at gun point. "Fuka?!" mom shouted.

I grit my teeth before Centipeder and Bubble Girl subdued them. "I'll handle them," Bubble Girl said, "Go on ahead."

We did as she said and kept going through the tunnel. The walls then began to move and I noticed that there were blockades that blocked paths I knew existed. "These walls are fake! We need to break through!" I exclaimed, causing Midoriya and Kirishima to quickly step forward and break through the wall. 

We kept going and were met with more walls. "I'll go ahead!" Mirio told us before slipping through the wall. 

"I will too!" I exclaimed, and before anyone could say anything, I had already burned away and appeared on the other side of the wall.

I flew forward, quickly catching up with Mirio. "This way, Chisaki would take her down this path to escape," I instructed, turning a different way.

Mirio sped ahead of me, able to move through the walls faster than I could teleport. I then heard gunshots on the other side of the wall. I teleported and saw Mirio charging toward Kai and Kurono, only to be stopped when Sakaki messed with his vertigo. I grit my teeth and flew forward, attacking Nemoto and Sakaki with my feathers. "Little Fuka?" Nemoto asked, "Have you returned to your rightful home?"

His quirk was in effect. "Yes, but not for you!" I exclaimed, incapacitating him with a feather that cut the tendon of the arm that held his gun. 

The feather kept zooming and imbedded itself in a wall, catching Chisaki's attention. He turned around only to be met with Mirio's fist. He then kicked at Kurono, his leg completely phasing through Eri and hitting him in the face. Eri dropped and I released a feather to catch her. Her eyes widened in surprise when she looked back and her ruby eyes landed on me. "F-Fuka?" she asked.

"Hey Eri," I greeted, dropping her into my arms. 

Chisaki met my eyes and scoffed, "Fuka. It seems you've caught the hero disease. You're filthy."

His voice caused fear to paralyze my body. I held Eri closer to my body as Mirio fought Kai, yelling at him, but I couldn't hear it. My mind was focused on him. I looked down and met Eri's eyes. Her gaze seemed to clear my mind a bit and I was able to give her a soft smile, "Sorry it took me so long, but I'm back to take you to safety."

"N-no! Leave me! He's going to kill you and that hero! H-he might even take you and do what he does to me!" Eri exclaimed, struggling in my grasp.

"No Eri. Not this time. We are getting you to safety," I said before glaring at Chisaki, sending out a barrage of flaming feathers at him.

Chisaki growled and slammed his hand to the floor, causing the floor to become a wave of spikes. I was barely able to fly up in time to dodge. "You could have hurt Eri!" Mirio scolded.

"I could always put her and Fuka back together. They both already know what that feels like," Chisaki taunted, causing me to remember the excruciating pain.

Mirio screamed out and kept attacking, talking about how heroes are supposed to wrap their capes around scared children to make them feel safe. I held her closer, wrapping my wing around her so she would feel my soft feathers on her skin, just like I used to. Then, something caught my eye. Nemoto. He was holding a gun, pointing it at me and Eri. I gasped and turned around, hiding Eri from the bullet. The shot was fired, but I never felt any pain. I looked back and saw Mirio standing in front of us, the bullet having penetrated his back. 

"He likely has a permanent version made by now..."

"No!" I yelled before handing Eri to him, "Get her out of here, I'll take Kai."

Before either of them could protest, I zoomed toward Chisaki. "You bastard!" I screamed, wielding two flaming feathers.

I swung them at him, cutting him in several spots, but it wasn't enough. The pain was sudden and covered the entire lower half of my body. I looked down and saw that spikes pierced my legs in many spots. I grit my teeth and launched more feathers his way, but then I heard Eri crying behind me. I spared her a glance and saw that Mirio was stabbed by the spikes as well, much more injured than me. "You'll pay for that!" I screamed, carelessly throwing a punch at Chisaki. 

Then, the wall broke through, and I noticed Midoriya, Aizawa, Fae, and Nighteye coming through. I backed away, watching Chisaki closely. "Phoenix!" Fae shouted, running toward me. 

"I'm ok..." I whispered, watching as she stood between me and Chisaki.

Nighteye pulled Mirio and Eri into a hug before I heard some movement in front of me. "Wait! Fae move!" I exclaimed, but it was too late.

The second his hand made contact with her leg, it exploded into a pile of blood. Fae let out a blood curdling scream while Midoriya charged toward us, Aizawa no longer anywhere to be seen. "Deku, get Lemillion and Eri to safety!" I instructed as I grabbed Fae, pulling her away.

"Y-you weren't kidding about how bad that hurts..." Fae muttered as I carried her away bridal style.

Then, I heard a scream, "Sir!!!!"

I turned back and saw that Nighteye had been impaled through the gut. I gasped and set Fae down gently before zooming toward them. "No!"

I then noticed that Kai had fused himself with someone with his quirk. Then, out of his hand, he turned to me and shouted, "Just give up, Fuka! These people are dying because you were foolish enough to join the heroes!"

"No... I don't want them to die!" I exclaimed.

"Then come back to me..." Chisaki beckoned, "If you do that, I'll heal all of your hero friends."

"Y-you will?" I asked, my defenses dropping, "What about Eri? If I join you, you have to agree to let her go!"

"Phoenix no!" Midoriya shouted.

"That's too high of a price, and you know it," Chisaki growled before I felt a spike penetrate my heart.