Chapter 6: USJ

Tanaka's POV

Shinso and I got off the bus and walked to our respective classrooms. I sat down at my desk and watched as Aizawa walked in and introduced today's lessons. We all walked out to the locker rooms to change into our hero costumes. I began undressing, but then I heard a small gasp, "Tanaka, where did those scars come from?"

I turned around to see Tsu staring at my back. "I didn't notice them the other day..." Uraraka stated.

I smiled faintly and lied, "It's ok, I just hurt myself a lot as a kid while I was learning to fly."

They all seemed to be satisfied with that answer, so I turned back around and frowned, 'If only they knew...' I thought sadly as I finished changing and braiding my hair, leaving the locker room.

I walked out to see Todoroki standing alone, so I walked over to him. "Hey," I called out.

He glanced at me and nodded, letting me stand beside him. "Are your wings better?" He asks.

I nod and say, "Thank you for helping me get to the infirmary."

He nodded but then went silent for a moment. I stared at him in confusion, and he noticed. His heterochromatic eyes were muddied with confusion. "Is something wrong?" I ask, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He stares at me for another moment and asks, "Will you be my friend?"

I was stunned. 'Another person wanting to be my friend...? Man, high school is so different than middle school.' "W-why do so many people want to be friends with me... I'm not special," I remarked, my gaze landing on the ground.

"You are special, though... and I've never had anyone treat me so kindly before..." Todoroki remarked.

I look up to meet his eyes and see only sincerity. I sniffle, blinking away the tears that had begun pooling in my eyes, and smile, "Ok, we can be friends."

He slowly gets the ghost of a smile on his face as we board the bus. I moved to sit beside him, but the seat he was in would restrict and hurt my wings, so I gave him an apologetic look and looked for a different type of seat. I only saw a clearing where I'd be able to sit sideways and keep my wings comfortable right next to Midoriya. "Is it ok if I sit here?" I ask.

He blushes and nods, and I sit next to him, facing him and letting my wings take up about half of the seat next to me. "Man, I haven't even thought about that kind of downside to your quirk, Tanaka," Kirishima remarks, noticing her position.

"I'm always sitting like this in class," I state, "Same with sleep, I can't ever be on my back."

"Say, Midoriya, your quirk is a lot like All Might's," Tsu mentioned.

My eyes perked up, glancing at Todoroki, who was also listening. Midoriya began to panic, and Kirishima jumped in and noted how All Might doesn't get hurt like Midoriya does. 'Fair, but he could have a defective version of the quirk,' I think to myself before someone mentions that me, Bakugo, and Todoroki had the most flashy quirks in class. I blushed and wrapped one of my wings around me to try to hide my face. "Bakugo has a bad attitude, so I doubt he will get famous," Tsu remarks.

"What did you say?! I'll kick your ass!" Bakugo yelled.

"We only just met, but it's pretty telling that we can tell your personality is flaming crap mixed with garbage," Kaminari remarks.

As everyone was laughing, Mina steps in and says, "But yeah, Todoroki and Tanaka are both gonna get so famous! I mean, they're both so hot!"

I blush harder and hide behind my wing, curling up in a ball. "I have to agree, Tanaka is a total hottie," Mineta remarks, walking up and running his hand along my feathers.