Chapter 38: A Supplemental Lesson

Tanaka's POV

"So that's the plan, are you in?" Mina asked.

I nodded nervously. For the school festival, we were putting on a concert and I was on both the dance and special effects team. My job? Dance and fly flaming feathers above the crowd, and in the middle of the performance, I was to fly up and connect Aoyama to a harness so he could be a disco ball then fly through the crowd and interact with the audience. "Why do you have me on the dance team though? I've never done any dancing before," I asked.

"It's because you're drop dead gorgeous! We'll attract the audience even more if they see you bustin' a move on stage!" Mina exclaimed, rapping her arms around me.

I blushed and looked around at everyone else, all of them nodding in approval. So, Mina began teaching me the dance in order to catch me up with everyone else on the dance team. After I was caught up and we were rehearsing in front of the dorm. Then, I heard something from behind me and looked around to see Eri in an adorable little red dress and an ass in the bush beside her. I ignored the ass and ran up to Eri, "Hey Eri!" I called out, kneeling beside her to give her a hug.

She lightly wrapped her arms around me before I heard footsteps storming behind me. 

"Fuka... time to go back to your parents. Give her back to me..."

"N-no..." I whispered, pulling her closer.

"Give her to me and you won't be hurt," he threatened, putting his arm on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" I exclaimed, shooting my eyes open and lighting my wings ablaze.

I looked around only to notice that Overhaul wasn't there, but rather it was my classmates, and they were all looking at me in fear. I looked down and Eri was staring at me, confused. I let my flames die down as I released Eri from my grasp. "S-sorry..." I whispered.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder, so I flinched around and was met with an eye of that familiar, hellish blue. I screamed and shot into the air, flying as far and fast as possible. 

.

.

.

Third Person POV

Todoroki didn't know why Tanaka seemed to be terrified of him now, but he didn't like it one bit. That marks twice that he'd scared her. Something about that bothered him, he hated that she looked at him with fear, the way his mother had looked at him that day. So, he turned to his classmates and asked furiously, "What happened?"

"I don't know man, she seemed to go nuts just now," Mineta remarked.

Everyone scowled and Sero wrapped him up in tape before Midoriya spoke up and said, "I think... she was having flashbacks."

"Aizawa, what should we do?" Uraraka asked their teacher, who had witnessed the entire thing from several feet away.

"We've tried therapy, but it seems like it isn't working... at this rate, it'll affect her ability to be a hero. Let me talk with the other teachers and Hawks..." Aizawa stated.

Tanaka's POV

I finally landed in the middle of the forest, my heart racing a million miles an hour. I replayed the scene in my head over and over, until I was able to realize that there was a red scar around his eye. "I-it was just Todoroki... god what is wrong with me?" I whispered as I looked around before lowering my head and taking off, flying back to the dorms.

I landed on my balcony and tip-toed into my room, curling up into a small ball on my bed. After a while, my phone dinged. I looked at the notification and saw that it was a text from Katsu.