12

*not edited*
3rd person POV.

"Your client killed his own brother-"

"Objection calls for hearsay." Derek called out cutting that other lawyer Mr.Evans off

"Objection sustain. Next." The judge said dismissed what ever Mr. Evans had to say.

"May I call officer Miller to the stand." Jamal's head lifted as he heard Evans call on Robert.

He watched as Robert swore in his oath before sitting.

"Officer Miller, good afternoon."

"Good afternoon." Robert responded nodding his head.

"Now Mr. Miller. During your 5 years of watching Mr.Williams has he ever gave off the impression or better yet stated that he had committed this crime."

Jamal watched. He gave off the impression that he did it a lot and even told him that he did it when he first asked Jamal what he was in for.

"No."

-

"In court when asked why he killed the victim he replied stating that with 'he's a rapist.' Do you care to explain that?"

"With no problem at all. My client was not read his Miranda rights. Therefore any questions he did or say cannot be used against him in this court room today."

"Do you have any evidence of that Mr. Weeks." The judge asked looking at Derek

"In fact I do. Can we play exhibit 48 please your honor." Derek said

The tape on the ring camera played on the tv in the court and they watched as police knocked on Jamal's door and arrested him.

"On top of my client not being read his right your honor it was no murder weapon found. Can you explain to the courtroom why that is?"

"Um well...His DNA is all over the victim body, his tire marks were found-"

"Objection, Non-Responsive." Derek cut the lawyer off once again for not answering in question

"Objection sustained."

"Well...I cannot answer why no murder weapon was found Mr.Weeks-"

"Then how do you know my client committed the crime? Or did you just assume." Derek said flipping through his papers

"Well, as I was saying before Mr.Williams DNA is all over the victim body, his tire marks were also found."

"Mr.Williams was in contact the victim before his dea-"

"Objection calls for hearsay and relevance." Mr.Evans said cutting him off

"Objection overruled. Continue." The judge said and looking at Derek for him to continue.

"Mr.Williams was in contact the victim before his death. Can we play exhibit 61 your honor."

The judge nodded he head and the picture of Montrey walking on the house popped up on the screen.

"We know DNA last quite a long time on a persons body Mr.Evans, and you also fail to say how Mr.Williams tire marks are not the only ones found on the Victim. May I pull up exhibit 54 your honor."

"Yes you may."

A picture showed up on the screen of part Montrey's body showing two very different tire marks.

"Even there were tire marks. It the road to my clients home increasing the chances of this being a accident."

Jamal sat in the chair listening to the 2 go back and forth. So far he was winning the case.

It was a private case so nobody was notified that it was happening. The court room was empty besides lawyers him and the judge.

"We'll come back for the hearing on the 25th." The judge hit the gavel "court is adjourned"

They all stood up and Jamal took back into the prison by the 3 unknown officers. They never took his cuffs off,

-

The prison wasn't accepting any of his visits because he had a open case at the moment. If it wasn't his lawyer Jamal couldn't speak with you. He had to throw away the phone because now there was a unknown officer guarding him and he had to play smart. It was killing him not to see or speak to his girls.

Walking to his cell Jamal stood and waited for them to take off his cuffs. They walked away and his normal everyday officers came.

"Thank you." Jamal said as robert stood at his everyday post.

"For what?" Robert watched him and smiled making Jamal nod his head.

He opened his book and got to his everyday reading.

Guilty not guilty? Who knows man

Adios🤭