28

It was more B's that A's

*not edited*
3rd person POV.

Jamal walked in Marianne's room and threw him self on the bed dramatically and she looked up from her computer as he sighed loudly.

"Hi, daddy!" She smiled looking at him through her glasses and he side eyed her through his.

"Kira just kick me out ha' room, yo ma at work, so now I'a be in here."

Marianne head turned slightly

"It's okay, Kira kicks me out too sometimes." She spoke honestly recalling the many times where Kira kicked her out her room.

"She's studying for a test, you know how she gets pop." Marianne nodded before giving the remote to him so he wouldn't be so bored.

-

Marianne was now at Mir's house in cooking in the kitchen peacefully. It's been a calm day for her, Imani came home a couple hours later and Jamal took her out on a date, and Kira went to do her hair appointment to get some small box braids.

Ri somehow found her way in Mir's house. She decided she wanted to cook, she haven't cooked in a while and she really did miss it.

-

Mir entered the code on the and walked in with Booka, Lo, and Ace behind him. They flew in from Illinois a couple days ago and been staying in a Airbnb.

"who cookin' tho, cause dat shit smell good." Lo said looking around

Mir turned his head towards the kitchen where music played softly knowing the only person that could be in his house at the moment was his lady.

"Put dat' shit up folk."

Mir nodded towards the gun in Booka's hand and began walking towards the kitchen while they followed.

Walking in the kitchen doorway Samir eyes landed on Marianne who was now sitting in the high chair in her own world swinging her feet slightly watching 'Annie' —the black one— on Netflix.

Her back facing him but he could tell she was wearing one of his black hoodie's. He walked towards her resting his hand on her waist making her jump slightly.

"You scared me"

"Sorry" he said while leaning down giving her a soft and quick kiss.

"Ain' you tell me we'a watch this to ta'night."

"Nooo I said we're going to watch the new bar-" A small sniff came from the door way making her cut off her works and turn her head.

"Oh...hello.." Ri spoke pushing herself slight into Mir as she seen the small group of people watching them... we'll mostly her in shock

"Fuck goin' folk." A brown skin man with tear drops under his eye and free form locs spoke up.

"You cookin' ? I'm hungry as fuck not gon hold ya." Lo spoke up taking a seat on the closest high chair to him.

Her head turned slightly not expecting so much positive energy from them, she felt a tiny bit bad for judging but it not really her fault since they just stared both times they met.

"You can have you food if you'd like. It's just yellow rice, Mac and cheese, with chicken. It's almost done"

2 hours later Marianne laid in the bed curled in a ball under the blanket watching princess and the frog.

When they were she finished eating she just decided to get ready for bed even though it was only 6 o'clock. After making sure Ri was comfortable, Mir went back out with the small group of people telling her he would be back around 9pm and call if anything.