15

*not edited*
3rd Person POV.

Today was Marianne's birthday.

To say she was sad was a understatement.

She haven't spoken to her dad in almost 3 weeks. Of course she woke up to a present which she was thankful for but she at least wanted to get to talk to her father. Her moms job didn't give her the day 2 off but one instead on the second —A'kira's birthday, and she haven't seen anybody else but Ki today but they did wish her happy birthday through text. Including Mir.

"Why mama just texted me Talkin bout we need to get ready?"

Marianne frowned at the new information her sister gave. Imani was supposed to be working today.

"She said she got off early girly, come on let's get dressed."

This made both of the her happy.

-

Imani rushed to the back placing the food on the table as her cousin Day grilled the ribs, chicken, hotdog, etc.

It was almost 1:00pm which is the time she was supposed to get them at 1:30pm

"My babies are getting so old." Imani's mom —Patricia of as everyone called her momma said as she walked in the kitchen.

"They are." She smiled thinking about her daughters.

"My baby A'kira been calming down?" She referred to the anger issues she swore ki had.

"She's been...calmer." Imani said and thought back to get daughter throwing a rock at somebody's face

For a good cause of course.

"Act just like ha damn daddy" momma shook her head referring to Jamal. "What about my sweet girl?"

"She's sad her dad didn't get to call her today, even sadder cause she thinks I'm at work"

"My poor baby, why they ain't let Jamal talk to his children. See this is the system today-"

Imani listen to her mother talk about the Georgia system and tried not to laugh.

She didn't know is Jamal got in a fight and the put him in solitary which wouldn't be unlikely due to him choosing violence to fix his answer. She shook her head trying to focus on the party, she knew she would get frustrated thinking about not seeing or speaking to him in 3 weeks now.

"ALRIGHT EVERYBODY IN THE BACK" momma yelled out and one by one everybody walked through the back door.

ManMan, Mir, Shoota, and Twone walked through the front door with present gifts in their hand for both A'kira and Marianne and placed it them under the right set up.

It wasn't hard to tell which one was which because one was pink and the other was black with the bold 'happy birthday' banner sign.

"Hellooooo" twone said hi to Imani and Patricia's hugging both and they all followed behind him hugging both.

"Ok I'm gonna go pick them up right now." Imani said picking up her keys

-

"Mommy where are we going???" A'kira said impatiently because their eyes were blindfolded.

She was dressed in a grey matching sweat suit with her gold jewelry and a mini teflar bag while Marianne was dressed in a blue juicy track suit with her vintage Chanel bag.