13

*not edited*
3rd person POV.

It was 2 weeks until the girls birthday and Imani was rushing to get things together. She was flying in family members and she had help from Samir who she met when he dropped Marianne off at her house a couple months ago.

Imani stood moving her hands explaining where she wanted to put everything while he nodded. It was going to be a cookout but still a party for them. She was going to have to different cakes for them because their personality were so different. One loved black and the other loved pink.

"I'm taking us to Bali." Mir told her when she was done talking

"You and Anne or..."

She wasn't stupid she knew they had at least something going on. But like everybody else she minded her business knowing how quiet and private they were. She figured Marianne would tell her when she was ready.

"The whole group, you wan' come?"

"Oh no, I'm okay. I already took my vacation for the year when I took them to Mexico. For how long?"

Mir nodded remembering her Marianne was gone for 3 weeks and he lost his cool with everybody.

"2 weeks dassit, we'a go on the 3rd cause I know they like to spend at least one day together."

They were throwing them a party/cookout on the 1st, letting them have their sisters day on the 2nd, and he was taking them to Bali on the 3rd.

Everything was in place.

"I'a start ordering the stuff."

"Oh you don't have to do th-"

"It's fine, You got the cake and food. I got everything else." Samir said and she nodded in agreement

"Ight I'a go na." He said and they walked towards the door.

"Alright Mir, you stay safe okay?"

"Yes ma'am." He gave her a hug and she gave back and he walked out closing the door behind him.

She walked to the kitchen and put the flowers Samir got for her in a vase and smiled at how nice the young man was.

Imani was stressed for the past couple days. The prison wouldn't let her or the girls visit Jamal and she had no idea why. She tried speaking to the lawyer but he couldn't give her any information due to courts order and Jamal didn't have his phone.

She couldn't do anything but sit and wait for his lawyer to come back with more information.

-

Robert. One of Samirs undercover officers.

The judge on Jamal's case. One of the many under Samirs pay roll. Though it did put the judges in a difficult situation, they could be biased or the government would look closer at the case and take it over. They didn't need that, because it would be out of Samirs hands from there.

The process was difficult to get Jamal in hand of these people, and it was a slow process.

The only thing that could be problem was the jury. It was random people and he had no control over that.

He had been working on the case ever since Marianne told him what went down. It was a long process most of his people needed to get out of jail for drugs or some shit, but this was murder. Something Georgia had no problem giving somebody life for, it made the process no easier that Jamal was a black man that lived in a southern state.

But the sad truth to this was that the man killed was a black man. The state didn't take the case as serious, and they had no problem throwing away another black man.

"Mr.Williams."

Jamal looked up from his book hearing Robert call his name.

A confused mug on his face as he held a phone out to him. Taking it he saw that someone was on the line. He looked at robert but he looked away going back to his post.

Jamal held the phone to his ear not speaking.

"Mr.Williams."

"Who dis."

"Samir, Marianne said you wanted to speak to me."

"Nigga what the fuck." Jamal mugged the back of robert's head as he heard him laugh.

-

Jamal shook his head. Smart ass lil nigga.

"Next court hearing on the 25th."

"Ight. I don't have any control over the jury. It's 15 people on jury duty, 12 on the civil trail."

Samir broke down the whole process to Jamal and he got a better understanding of what was going on.

"Right na you winnin tha case just...don't say nun when they ask you questions if they do."

"Ight enough of that shit. How you know Marianne, I keep hearing bout this Mir nigga."

"Mutual friends."

"Mmm"

Jamal basically interrogated Mir about his daughter and he was the first to do so. Everybody else just left them alone, Mir can't say he was shocked tho due to what he was sitting in a cell for.

Sorry for the short chapter y'all I just wanted to give a lil short chapter to Mir's relationship with Marianne's parents.

How y'all feel bout it tho? Be honest too nigglets.

Adiossss🤭