34

*not edited*
3rd person POV.

Epilogue

Samir sat in the garden watching the 3 year old twins Ja'Mir and Alanna played hide and seek. Their skin glowing in the sun from the cocoa butter he put on them this morning.

He watched as they ran to the same hiding spot behind the tree every time and get surprised when they found each other.

"Daddy!"

Samirs eyebrows frowned and he stood up as he watched Alanna who looked scared out of her mind run towards him her curly Afro moving along with her.

He picked her up off the floor when she was close enough and looked down at Ja'Mir who had a frog in his hand.

"Junior."

"Daddy I not do nun"

"Let it go."

Ja'Mir frowned and mugged his sister but still put the frog down on the floor.

He was older by 15 minutes and Marianne thought he acted just like Samir, all the way down to his facial expression's.

Samir lifted his son and started walking back to the house with both in his hand. They didn't have all the electronics like most their age had nowadays, they actually preferred to be outside and would get frustrated if they were in the house sitting down for too long.

From the day they learned how to run it was over.

Marianne and Samir just let them be. If they didn't feel like taking the twins down to the pond they could always play in the playground set Jamal and Robert put up for them in the back yard along with the sandbox and pool Mir had installed.

Jamal ended up keeping in contact with Robert

...well Robert wouldn't leave him alone and Imani made Jamal be nice. Same difference. The twins called both of them 'pop'.

Samir still dealt with the streets he been in the game ever since he was a child, he couldn't just drop it that was impossible. He was a lot less involved in the dirty work and 8 times out of 10 worked through his computer. His personal life was private but people knew he had kids, with the reputation Samir had the chances of people messing with them with basically none.

"Mommy?" Alanna said resting her head on her Dad's shoulder and Jr. repeated after her asking for Ri

"Go 'head." He placed them on the floor and they ran towards the house making Aries pop up in the glass screen door.

Aries was black cane corso Marianne some how convinced Samir to get when she was pregnant. He was skeptical about it he heard the dog breed and babies didn't mix, but he figured he'd get the dog when it was small and train him.

It turned out good. He wasn't food aggressive growing up with 1 year old crawling and touching his face when he was eating. Samir got him trained as a protection dog, even though they could see when the twins played on the playground set he still sent Aries out with them as extra protection.

Opening the door he let the twins in and closing it behind him. Giving Aries some attention before making his was to the bathroom, Ja'Mir and Alanna following behind him knowing the routine. They washed their hands and went off in the direction of the kitchen.

"Mommyyyy!!"

"I'm right here baby." Marianne called out from in the kitchen responding to Junior

"Mommy! Ja try ta' give me frog!" Alanna said running towards the kitchen, Jr. followed