Worried glances

Disclaimer : all characters and places belong to J.K. Rowling except for Jane Black.

Jane POV
The next few days I worked. I was one of the first to arrive in the morning and one of the last to leave. I didn't want to go home. At home I would be alone seeing as Harry and my father are still at the Burrow. Even if they were home, it's not as if we are like a real family. It's not like we would talk so I just kept on working for a few weeks until the day I passed out.

I hadn't really payed attention to my well being and it's possible that sleep deprivation along with skipping meals isn't a good combination. Oh well, I've been through worse.

When I opened my eyes I was blinded by all the white. This could only mean one thing. I'm in a hospital, St Mungo's to be exact.
I slowly sat up straight and looked around to see a group of redheads in the hallway and my father talking to a healer.
Slowly I managed to get up and get dressed. I took my wand and was about to leave when I heard mrs Weasley.
" SHE'S AWAKE!" I cringed slightly at the loudness of her voice before I was pushed back in the hospital bed. I groaned and started to protest.
" I'm fine sir. I'm ready to go back to work." The healer looked at me and spoke up.
" Lady Black, you're underweight, you hit your head when you passed out and we strongly recommend some sleep without taking any potions. You will not leave until I clear you or your father decides you can go earlier. " I glared at him and I could see him cringe and feel his anxiety.
" Why would my father have anything to do with my departure of this place? I've lived on my own for thirteen years and now you are trying to tell me that somebody else can make decisions about my life. Sirius Black might be my father but he hasn't acted like it for too long to be allowed to make decisions for me. I demand I get to be in charge of my own life and with that said I'll tell you I'll be leaving today. I hope I made myself clear." From the corners of my eyes I saw my hair had turned a flaming red and if I should quess I would say my eyes are shooting daggers. The healer cringed and nodded before leaving. I turned around to see the Weasleys, Harry and my father all staring at me. I calmed myself down and made sure I looked back like my normal self. Mrs Weasley was the first to say something.
"Dear, are you alright? What happened?" I didn't know what to say. In my opinion nothing happened. I just forgot to eat and I took some potions to sleep well.
"Jane? You can tell us."
Oh good Godric my father is back with his telling crap.
" Nothing happened. I just forgot to eat a few times because I was working. I'm fine."
No one seemed to believe me. Mrs Weasley send away the teens so only she and my father were left.
"Pup what happened when you were younger? Why do you need dreamless sleep potions? Did Malfoy do something?" Now I was alarmed, my father knew something.
"Why do you assume Lucius did something?"
" Bill overheard your conversation while duelling. You had that nightmare after the cup were you were begging someone to kill you. I'm not stupid. Also I talked to Walburga."
He knows, he just wants me to confirm. In the mean time mrs Weasley looks lost, he didn't tell her.
"It doesn't matter anymore. I'm okay now. I know how to defend myself. No one will ever lay a hand on me again. Now if you excuse me. I got to go. Goodbye." I jumped up and apparated before anyone could stop me. Looking around I saw I had apparated to Charlie's place. I went to his room and lay down in his bed. I was exhausted.

Sirius POV
Before I could stop her she was gone. But I knew enough. She had been tortured. I was fuming with anger.
" Sirius, what happened to Jane?" I had forgotten she didn't know anything. After I had explained my discoveries she was in shock. She looked like she wanted to cry and rip someone's head of at once. I know wich one I would prefer.

Jane's POV
After about two hours Charlie got home.
"Hey Hunny!" I greeted him.
" Miss me?" I added teasingly. He scooped me up in his arms and held me close before nodding and answering with the most honest look on his face.
"Bloody much." He kissed me and I pushed him back on the bed. I smiled seductively and leaned in to him again, sealing our lips together. He leaned back to take of his shirt and then took of mine. Soon we were stripped to our underwere.

After making out some more my stomach grumbled. Way to ruin the moment.
"Hungry?" He smirked at me.
I nodded. "Let's make some pancakes!" He chuckled and I got up. I put on his shirt while he just followed in his boxers.

I had just put the first pancake on a plate when the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it love. It's probably Jared." I nodded and he left to the door.
I figured Jared probably would like some pancakes as well so I decided to just ask, well shout is more like it.
"Jar, would you like some pancakes? Charlie and me just made some!"
There was a silence but then Charlie came back to the kitchen with our quest. Oh Merlin it's not Jared it's Bill. My hair turned pink in an instant and so did my cheeks and with a sideway glace at Charlie I could see his cheeks were a bright scarlet as well.
Bill chuckled then tried to become serious again but failed miserably.
" Jane, everyone is looking for you ... but I quess I can tell them you're obviously fine." He said clearly amused with a wide smile.
I can't talk myself out of this one. We'll just have to tell Bill. Charlie trusts him, besides, we were going to tell his family anyway. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth.
" Uhm yeah I quess you could say that but would you mind not telling anyone exactly where and in uhm what surcomstances you found me?"
" Keeping it a secret huh? My lips are sealed." He promised me still grinning then turned to his brother.
" Now be safe huh." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and Charlie's face became even redder. Oh dear. Bill left and I stood there with Charlie.
" So... pancake?" I asked. He smiled at me and nodded.
"Yeah pancake".

I spent the rest of summer at Charlie's house and the only visitors we got were his friends and Bill. We were now a bit more careful when we opened the door though.