Lovely surprises or not?

Dedicated to the readers who commented on my author's note: JamieJohnson370 hope1864 shawnsarmy98

Everything was going well. And when I say everything I actually mean everything.

For starters, I was finally back in my normal rythm. By that I mean I can get a decent hours of sleep again at night. Which is extremely good as I still remember the sick feeling I got from the dreamless sleep potions. Also by not being sick, I get to eat breakfast again and be properly awake for my first few classes of the day. I've noticed my energy returning and so have my students.

Then except for my state of health, things were also looking up on family matters. Since I spoke to Dora again during the dinner at Dad's, we started owling eachother more. We're way closer now then ever before and she's told me all about her crush on Remus. Okay I practically had to drag it out of her, but still. She told me she had fallen for him the minute she layed her eyes on him. She had been jealous when I told her Remus had been my teacher the previous year. "You lucky bastard!" She called me. It wasn't until I pointed out that he's my godfather that she gathered the thought that I have never looked at him as a possible crush and even if. Charlie is the one for me and I'm pretty sure the shiny engagement ring on my finger backs me up on that.

Anyway Dora isn't the only member of my family I have been getting closer too. I also - try not to be to shocked at what comes next - been conversing with my father and godfather again. The more we talk, the more I feel like they're the same as they used to be before that one fatal Halloween. I even think about letting Dad walk me down the aisle next year. But that's just how I feel now, let's not get ahead of ourselves and do something we'll regret by promising anything to them. 'Cause no matter how well  we're getting along now, I still fear they'll just leave me again. And frankly, I don't think I can handle that a second time.

Harry and I have also been getting along more. He comes to me at least once a week, to tell me how he's dealing with the stress of the tournament. 'Cause people might not be wearing 'Potter stinks!' Badges anymore, it doesn't mean they don't talk about him a lot. And with talking about him I mean that there are literally people who don't find anything better to do than spread nasty rumors or believe the newspaper. Rita Skeeter, some prissy, little, stuck-up journalist, thought it would be fun to act as if Harry is a crybaby who is still not over the death of his parents. Then to make matters worse, she's also attacking one of his best friends. Hermione continiously gets shown of like some skank who just wants her ten minutes of fame. Poor girl.

Other news, Draco has been coming to see me lately. He does it secretly and usually crashes for the night as he can't wander the halls at night in case he gets caught, but he still comes. He's trying to process his father being in jail and his father being a monster. He doesn't want to tell Narcissa about it as he worries, she'd get upset but he needs to rant about it to someone and his friends aren't an option. Why? You might ask. Well it's so that Draco's so called 'friends' aren't actually his friends. Sure he gets along with Blaise Zabini but he mostly just puts up with Crabbe and Goyle. He doesn't want to dump them though as their fathers are deatheaters and with his father being in jail. He doesn't have much to fall back on. So he comes to me. He's actually really nice when you get to know him.

So for the most part, my life is looking up. Family is great, Charlie is great, my health is great... I just feel like I'm forgetting something. I also have the feeling that that something is important. It was only when I got a 'Happy Valentinesday' card from Charlie that I realized what it was. But it couldn't be, could it? I lifted up my shirt and looked in the mirror. There was no bump but, if I thought about it there wouldn't be one yet. Charlie and I had been considerably closer during the Christmass holidays for the first time and now I am left thinking about whether we were safe or not. You see, when I got the valentine, I relised it was already the fourtheenth of February and that means I have missed two periods. But that doesn't mean I'm pregnant, does it? Oh Merlin what if I am? Charlie told me he wanted to have children but this is way too early. I'm only seventeen. I can't have a kid right now!

I thought about going to Madam Pomfrey but then she would know and urgh. I need to do this on my own. Perhaps I can take a muggle pregnancy test? Those things should work just fine. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I'll just go get one after classes today and no one will even notice my absence.

The entire day went by in a blur. It's a wonder no one has said anything about my dazed state. Now it was the moment of truth. I had just bought such a stick thingy and gone back to the castle. I followed the instructions and waited. How long can it freaking take? After a few minutes of me going crazy, it was finally ready. I picked up the stick and saw two stripes. What the hell does that mean? Making my way back to where I dropped the box of the test, I got out the instructions. One stripe is negative, two stripes is positive. Wait... mine said two stripes. I'm pregnant???? Oh, I'm in for it now.

After I calmed down for a bit, I thought about it. Seeing as it's now the fourtheenth of February, I'm about six weeks pregnant. A pregnancy takes nine months so that would mean I'm due to deliver at the end of September or the beginning of Oktober. I'll probably start showing in two months, but perhaps I can hide that with my metamorphmagus abilities. Whatever happens I need to talk to Charlie 'cause I can't do this alone and I don't want everyone to know just yet.

So how was that? I'm sorry I haven't updated in ages but I was just really bussy and I didn't have inspiration anymore. I hope you liked this chapter, if not tell me what you didn't like. Leave it in a comment or private message me but please be polite.