Being a professor

Sorry for the long wait but I have exams. Imade the chapter a bit longer to make up for it. :)
Disclaimer : all characters and places belong to J.K. Rowling except for Jane Black.

After the train ride we all went to the carriages. Soon we arrived at Hogwarts.

The students all went to the tables of their houses and started chatting. I, however, had to go sit at the teacher's table. It's so much fun! Yeah no.
I missed my friends already. I wanted to sit with them. Atleast they know how to keep me entertained.
I decided to just zone out and wait for dinner to start.

The hall was silent but the food wasn't there yet and someone elbowed me. I looked up and saw Dumbledore and everyone else looking at me. I was confused until I figured he must have introduced me as a new teacher and I still had to wave or something like that to the students. Okay I can do that. I looked to the students and gave them a little wave. They started cheering and clapping and laughing. Merlin I love Hogwarts.

After the delicious feast I went to my room. Dumbles had decided I could just keep using my room from last year as it was easier. Wanting something familiar, I didn't protest.
When I had changed into my pyjamas and had brushed my teeth I became nervous. I hadn't had a nightmare in a while but I had had Charlie. Who could have a nightmare when he's holding you while you sleep? Exactly.
Now I was alone again. The healer had said I should stop using dreamless sleep potion but I am not willing to risk the nightmares to come back and took it anyway.

I fell asleep and didn't dream. It was perfect.

Until I woke up. I stood up from my bed and immediately sat back down. My body is trying to kill me I swear! I had a massive headache and it feels as if my guts are trying to come out. I might throw up, I thought and unfortunately I was right. I skipped breakfast as I knew I probably wouldn't be able to keep it in anyway.

The bell rang and I hurried to my class. I hadn't really thought about how I was going to do this. I mean I had good grades for History of Magic, outstanding even but I just had a really good memory and studied hard for the exams. It's not as if I really payed attention in class. Professor Binns was so boring I wasn't even awake during most of it. I probably should have thought about it sooner.

I had arrived at my class and let everyone in. It was a third year class with ravenclaw and gryffindor. I quickly went over the names and when everyone had said they were here, wrote my name on the board.

"Okay everyone as you may or may not know my name is Jane Black and I'm your new History of Magic teacher. I have absolutely no interest in the Goblin wars so I'll go over those rather fast. I don't think any of you was looking forward to learning about them anyway. I will teach you about what interests you lot so is there anyone who has something from history that they would like to know more about?"
I looked at the class. They seemed a bit excited they didn't have to learn about the Goblin wars but they didn't have a clue what they would want to learn about.
"Well..." I said as no one said anything. "I quess this means I get to choose until any of you come up with something. What about Hogwarts itself? I'll teach you about the founders and the many secrets this castle has." The class beamed at me and nodded eagerly so I began.

"... for homework I want you to write down any questions you have and then we'll go over them next time. Class dismissed." The third years were smiling when they my class and Ginny had given me a thumbs up. I grinned. That went better than I thought it would.

The next classes went quite similar so soon time started to pass.

It was almost Halloween and the goblet of fire was going to select the champions that night. The entire castle was excited to know who would compete. The only reason I liked the whole tournament was because Charlie had finally arrived, I couldn't care less who was going to compete. Sure I was a bit worried as it is dangerous but it was only for those who are of age so they should be able to know for themselves if they wanted to risk their lives.

But as I said Charlie had arrived. After dinner he was going to come to my dorm so we could see eachother again. I've missed him so much. I can't wait.

Dinner was over so I quickly made my way to my dorm beaming all the way. Charlie already stood by the portrait and had a look of longing. I immediately hugged him and gave him a kiss before entering the room with Charlie following. We talked a lot and danced a bit. Afterwards we ended up in my bed kissing, cuddling, ...

Harry POV
Jane rushed away after dinner with a wide smile on her face. She might hadn't noticed but her hair tips had changed a happy colour and her eyes were a bright purple. I wondered what she was upto.

In the gryffindor common room I had decided to just relax but I had promised Sirius to keep an eye on Jane and I felt quilty for not knowing what she was upto. I was supposed to know.
When the common room started to dry out as everyone was going to bed only a few people remained. The twins, Ron, Hermione and I. Ron spoke up.
" If you want to know what she's doing so badly just look on the map. I'm sure she's just sleeping in her dorm." I mentally slapped myself. How could I forget about the map? I'm such an idiot! I quickly took it out and pointed my wand at it.
" I solemnly swear I'm up to no good. "
The familiar handwriting revealed itself and I started looking for Jane's dorm. One problem... I had forgotten where it was. I looked at Ron and smiled sheepishly. He scanned my face and responded to it.
" You don't know where her dorm is do you?" I nodded. He sighed.
" I don't know either Harry perhaps Herm-" but before he could finish the twins interrupted.
" Who are you..."
" ...looking for?"
" We can..."
" ...help."
" Jane" I said simply, hoping they would help. They would know where her dorm was for sure.
"Right here. " they said in unison while they pointing to a certain room. I was about to thank them when I noticed two names rather close together in her dorm. I wasn't the only one who noticed as the twins looked at the map with a mixture of a smirk and shock.
" Charles Weasley and Jane Black... if they are that close on the map that means they're also that close in real right?" I wanted them to tell me I was wrong. I was Jane's brother now. I had to look after her but now I find out she's in her dorm. With her boyfriend. Alone. Closely against him. The twins nodded at my earlier question. I felt a rush of protectiveness and anger going though me and stood up I had to go to Jane. She was not going to do anything with Charlie tonight.

I shared a look with the twins and Ron and we all headed to the door ignoring Hermione who was scolding us for breaking Jane's privacy and that she was a grown woman and blah blah blah.

A few minutes later we stood by her dorm. I suddenly realised I didn't know the password. I was frowning when the portrait opened. The twins had said the password of course they knew it.
We walked in her small common room and headed to her bedroom door. I knocked on it but she didn't answer. I knocked again, a bit harder this time. Maybe a bit to hard. The door opened and I was scarred. Thank God they were covered but that didn't make it any better as they had been in an intense snogsession before we entered. Jane was the first to pull back as the door opened .
" WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!" She exclaimed while buttoning up her blouse. Her hair was a mixture of pink and red but her eyes were pitch black. We were done for. I gulped. Charlie in the mean time had scurried away a little from Jane and was trying to find his shirt. I scowled at him a little but quickly stopped when I saw the glare Jane was giving me.
The twins had a smirk on but were also obviously a bit frightened as Jane was fuming.
" Well is anyone going to answer me?" She asked in a deadly low voice so I immediately cringed.
" I was ... uhm wondering why you were so uhm so happy after dinner and I uhm checked the map and saw you had company and thought I ..."
" Thought what?! That you should barge into my bedroom?! What in the world would give you that idea?!" She shrieked. Oh God I had made it worse. Far worse. Think Harry, think. I was about to say something when Ron did.
"Harry was just worried about you. He had promised Sirius to keep an eye on you, you see...?" At those last words we were pushed out of the room with an incredible force. She must have used her elemental powers to bend the air in such a way.
"What I do, where and with who is my business. I don't give a damn if you promised that imbecile! He doesn't have the right to snoop in my life and neither do you. If any of you sneak up on me again I will make your lives miserable to the moment you wish you were never born!" I paled and nodded and saw the others had done the same we quickly made our way back to the common room and went to our dorms immediately. I swear that woman is scarier than Voldemort.

Jane POV
They nodded and left. I turned around and my face softened immediately as I walked into Charlie's arms. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head before whispering in my ear.
" I didn't know you could be that scary."
I chuckled. He always calmed me down so quickly.
" Only when I have to hun, only when I have to." He smiled at me and we went back to bed. I burried my head in his chest and we soon fell asleep.