A typical day as a new me

I'm tired. I want to go back to bed. Those are the only things on my mind right now. Well the most persistent things. I only got a few hours of sleep last night. Anthony and Andrew couldn't sleep for more than two hours in a row. Every time one of them woke up, they'd cry and wake the other. Those two babies are amazing but also exhausting. I got more sleep when I was practically addicted to dreamless sleep potions than I do now. Charlie has been helping of course. We took turn going to the twins but when they're hungry it's of course only me who can help. Charlie doesn't really have the necessary parts for feeding them...

Oh well, I got dressed in a pair of dark blue robes and dressed the twins in matching baby blue jumpers. Charlie carried Andrew while I took Tony. Andrew had been changing his hair colour more ever since we found out he could last night. He seems to think it's funny and now looks like a hyperactive rainbow. Tony on the other hand didn't seem the least curious for all the colours radiating from his brother's hair. He just acts as if it's nothing special. It's quite funny, you can almost imagine him rolling his eyes in the future at Andrew's antics.

We sat like the perfect little family at the end of the gryffindor table. Soon enough, Fred and George joined us and took a hold of their godsons. They played a little with them while Charlie and I ate. When we were done with breakfast I took my sons back so Fred and George could eat as well. Charlie said goodbye and gave me a kiss before leaving to work. He gets to use one of the fireplaces at Hogwarts to floo to our house so he can go to the dragon institute for work.

After a while of chatting with my future in-laws, I stood up to go to Poppy. She's going to watch the little-ones while I'm teaching. It wouldn't be practical to be babysitting while explaining the history of wizardry. Poppy took them with a smile and immediatly started talking to them in a gush voice. Quite funny to see such a stern witch turn all soft when being confronted with children. I chuckled lightly and walked to my classroom. A few minutes later the students filed in and I bagan my welcome back speech followed by what I'm going to teach this year. It's easier this year than last, teaching I mean. Since it's my second year I now know what I'm doing. The nerves of standing infront of the class are still a bit present but not that much anymore. It makes it nicer to work.

I ran over all the topics I'm planning to cover. The first years get the basics. They will learn about the greatest wizards and witches from the last few centuries and then a few lessons by choice. The second years will learn a little about the goblin wars and about great discoveries. Then the third years will learn about Gringots and the history of famous wizarding towns while the fourth years learn about Hogwarts along with several other magic schools like Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. The fifth years will have to repeat the highlights of their previous years for hteir OWL's so they only have to learn a few other topics of their choice besides that. The sixth years will be taught  everything I know of the Ministry and then the beginning of prejudice against certain groups in our society. They will learn that you can't discriminate based on bloodstatus' or illness'. The seventh years will go deeper into this topic at NEWT level.

I've got everything planned. Everything will go smoothly if it goes according to this plan. Which it of course never will but one is allowed to dream, right?

After the first two periods I had a spare. I used this time to check up on the little twins and to write a letter to Grimmauld. Molly and Arthur are staying there for the time being along with my Dad and Remus and if I'm right Dora will be there to most of the time.

'Dear family

The Ministry is interfering in Hogwarts in case you hadn't heard already.
Dolores Umbridge is the new DADA professor and she is the picture of bad news. I almost hate her more than Voldemort.
Dad, this is the woman that convinced other ministry officials to let the Dementors perform the kiss on you if you were captured. She's dreadfull!
On a happier note, quess what Andrew did yesterday! He morphed his hair! Yes, you heard me (read my letter) correctly! He's a metamorphmagus like me and Dora. Anthony hasn't shown any signs of morphing yet but he doesn't seem to fazed. He's much more layed back than his brother. It's funny how they behave so different but look so alike.
Anyway... give me updates and write enough to everyone here, especially you Dad. Harry could use his Godfather this year after what happened to Cedric...

Miss and love you, Jane'

I called my owl and tied the letter to its leg. Afterwards I rushed of to my class for fourth period.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I taught some more classes and got a lot of questions which had nothing to do with history and had everything to do with my family. The upcoming wedding seemed to be a very popular topic but also the kids and Charlie. The questions about him came mostly from the seventh years who knew Charlie as the star seeker/ quidditch captain when they were first years. It's like dating mr popular only does he not care about what anyone says about him as long as they don't touch his family. It's one of the reasons why I love him. He's the tough guy who handles dragons and defends his family but at the same time he's the sweet boy I fell in love with and who is the father of my children. Who wakes up in the middle of the night to go check for the millionth time why the babies are crying. He's my one and only and he will be so forever.

After fangirling about my future hubby with the seventh years, it was dinner time. Which means Charlie will be back.

I picked up Drew and Tony, yes I shortened their names, and went to the Great Hall. Immediatly a swarm of girl come to gush at the babies until Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell each lift one kid out of my arms and sit besides me. Fred and George join us and easily converse with the girls. Fred and Angelina went to the yule ball together last year but nothing much happened after that. They seem quite casual around each other. George on the other hand seemed to take interest in her. I kept seeing him take glances at her and every once in a while she'd glance back. Fred is oblivious to it though I don't think he would really mind. He loves his brother and he only wants him to be happy. Fred and George are roll models for my own twins. I hope they learn from them.

A few minutes before dinner actually started, Charlie arrived. He sat down next to me and captured my lips in a long kiss. I returned it and only stopped when Harry complained about the amount of public affection we were displaying. I stuck my tongue out at him and grinned before giving Charlie another peck. We ate our dinner and hung out some more in my chambers along with the twins. We made the best of our evening and tried to get some sleep before the twins would wake again. It's just a typical day of my new life. My life as a working mum, fiancée, friend, godsister and daughter. A typical day in a magical world.