Daddy pays a visit

Disclaimer : all characters and places belong to J.K. Rowling except for Jane Black.

The next day I got a letter at breakfast from my father.

Dear Pup
I have a few things I wanted to talk to you about.

I know you don't like me very much at the moment but I am you father and that means I care about you a lot. So I want you to talk to me or to someone about your past. It's not good to keep it bottled up. I'm worried about you and I know you have your friends and Charlie but still.
Talking about Charlie, I've heard some things that I'm not very fond of. I may hope you didn't do more than kiss him 'cause otherwise I am going to kill him. I think you need to have the talk. I don't think anyone has given it to you but the situation tells me it's necessary.
Moving on, I'm worried about Harry. I am going to try and get him out of the tournament but I don't think I'm going to succeed. I was wondering if you could keep an eye on him and help him with the tasks. I'm sure you'll know what they are already anyway.

I'll see you soon
Love Dad

That was quite a letter. I think he's right that he won't be able to get Harry out of this mess but I don't get why he thinks he has to ask me to look after Harry. He's Lily and James' kid, of course I'll look after him!
And then of course you have the things he said about my personal life. I don't want anyone to know about my past. I don't need their pity.
Also I hope he was joking when he mentioned he wanted to have 'the talk' with me. I don't want him to. It would be so awkward.

After breakfast I went to teach my classes. The students had finally come up with some subjects and I was now teaching some third years about Grindewald.
After their class I taught some seventh years about the first wizarding war.

Then we had lunch.
I went to sit with the twins. I really didn't want to sit with the teachers again. They could be so boring sometimes and I would always end up having to listen to their complaining about some students and I did not like that one bit.
"Hey gingers!" I whisper shouted at them making them jump before I sat down.
"Jayjay! We missed you!" They yelled in unison while hugging me. I chuckled.
" I can tell you did. Now update me. I feel like I'm missing out on everything that's going on."
They grinned and started to fill me in with all the gossip I had missed out on. They also told me that Harry and Ron weren't speaking to eachother. Apparently Ron is mad at Harry cause he didn't tell him how to get past the ageline. Harry is mad at Ron because Ron doesn't believe he didn't put his name in himself. Boys will be boys I quess?
Whatever we all ate and it was delicious. The house elves had really overdone themselves.

Now lunch was over and I was teaching the fourth year gryffindors and hufflepuffs. They wanted to know more about pureblood families.
" there all kinds of purebloods. You have some purebloods that associate with everyone and see everyone as an equal and then you have purebloods who only talk to other purebloods. The latter kind often looks down on muggleborn or halfblood wizards or witches. They call them horrible names which I hope you will never use. They often don't associate with purebloods who do hang out with muggleborns and halfbloods. I hope you all understand that it doesn't matter whether you're a pureblood, a halfblood or a muggleborn. The only thing that matters is how you act. Now are there any questions?"
I looked at the class and they were all scribbling down what I had said. Eventually one hufflepuf raised her hand. I forgot her name but just looked at her and nodded so she would ask whatever it was she wanted to know.
"Professor you're a pureblood right? In what category would you place your family?" Okay personal life question.
"Well I would say most of my family are prejudiced purebloods but my parents and I aren't. And one of my father's cousins is more like us as well." I answered. I kept it a bit vague as I don't particularly like family questions.
"Any other questions?" No one raised their hands.
" Then you can start on your homework. I want you to write down the differences between purebloods but I want you to remain a bit neutral in the essay. I don't want you using swearwords or anything. Is that understood? Okay then you may begin."
They all started writing. After a few minutes there was a knock on the door.

" Yes, come in."
The door opened and my father walked in. What the hell is he doing here?
"Can I help you?" I asked him a bit annoyed.
He smirked at me and said
"Well yes I was wondering if I could borrow Harry for a moment."
I looked at Harry who was smiling at the sight of his godfather while the rest of the class seemed a bit uncomfortable with an ex-mass murderer in the classroom.
" Of course." Harry took his stuff and was walking to the door while I was looking through the class.
"By the way, I want to talk to you later about you know what. I'll see you at dinner pup." He smirked at me and left with Harry while I glared daggers at his back. I noticed the class had gone quiet.
" What?" I asked trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice and failing miserably. They all went back to their essays immediately.

The next period I was free. I didn't have a class to teach so I went back to my dorm and changed into a sports outfit. Then I went to the room of Requirement and it changed into a training room. I punched a punching bag until my knuckles were split and then I went outside. I ran around, ran to Hogsmeade, ran back and ran to the quidditch pitch. I stretched and went back inside the castle. On the way to my dorm I got some strange looks but that could be because I had made my hair short so it wouldn't get in my way while running. I eventually got to my dorm, took a shower and got dressed.

It was time for dinner. I went and sat at the teacher's table. About ten minutes later everyone was piling in. And soon the food appeared. I looked around and I noticed my father sitting with the trio. He glanced at me and smirked. Oh good Godric what is he upto? Another ten minutes went by and then he stood up and came to the teacher's table.
He transfigured my fork into a chair and sat down beside me. I narrowed my eyes at him and asked.
" What do you want?"
He grinned. "I told you I wanted to have a talk with you. You're less likely to start screaming at me infront of everyone."
" You know I can hex you without even uttering a single syllable right?"
" Right, but still. Jane this is a serious matter. You're to young to be in such kind of a relationship. "
" Oh come on. You're such a hypocrite. You were eighteen when you had me. And besides, I don't care what you think what I do in my life is my business. "
" Look pup. You're still my daughter and therefore I need to know if there is any chance I'm going to be a grandfather any time soon. If you're doing the frick frack, I need to know and we need to talk."
" Oh Merlin, you don't expect me to really talk about sex with you right cause that ain't going to happen."
" I am your father and seeing as your mother and your godmother have passed away already I am the only option to talk to or do you rather have Remus do it?" He smirked at me but was starting to talk a bit louder.
" I don't need any of you. Can't you just leave me alone?" By this time I was really ticked off and I wanted the conversation to be over.
"Pup you're going to talk about it if you like it or not." He said now a bit more stern and a bit louder. I glared at him.
" I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Now I hope I don't see you anytime soon. Goodbye Sirius!" At this point I was almost at his throat and I knew it wouldn't take much for me to hex him. I stood up and made to leave as he answered back.
"Did you just call me Sirius? I'm your father! You don't call me by my first name you call me dad! And you are so not going anywhere! "
"Watch me!" I nearly shouted back at him. I was now fully on my feet and walking to the doors and he was freaking following me.
" JANE LILY REMA ANDROMEDA BLACK DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM ME!" He bellowed at me.
Turning around I hexed him. A second later he was up in the air lifted by his ankle and I glared at him. In a dangerously low voice I hissed at him.
" Sirius Orion Black the third do not follow me, do not speak to me, do not even think of me 'cause I've had it. I'm sick of it. You better start working at the Potter Manor 'cause there might come a moment that only Harry is welcome and you're not. Is that all clear to you? I think so!" I left him hanging there and marched out of the great hall I could feel everyone's gaze on me and I could quess how I looked. I took a lock of my hair and knew I was right. It was flaming red. I transfigured a book into a mirror and looked at my eyes they were horrifying. Pitch black with some little red spots. Great now everyone is going to be even more scared of me. I went to my dorm and just waited for Charlie to come so he could hold me.

When he finally came it was already late and we immediately went to sleep.