Dragons and Firewhiskey

Disclaimer : all characters and places belong to J.K. Rowling except for Jane Black.

My father and I haven't spoken to eachother since our little shouting match. I don't mind. It's easier this way.

I have been giving Harry some advice on the dragons well ... Charlie has. The only thing I did was invite them both to my room on the same time so Charlie could teach him.

A few hours before the task Harry told me about Mad-eye's advice. Moody had told him to summon his broomstick and use his flying skills to his advantage. I must say it's a good idea but I don't understand why Moody would help Harry. Of course I don't really know the man but still. I feel like Moody purposely avoids me. Perhaps he has something to hide and fears that I'll discover it by sensing his emotions. Let's worry about that another time. Now, Harry has an egg to grab!

I was seated with the other teachers, waiting for the first person to begin.
The canon went of and Cedric came into view.
He did quite well and soon the next Champion followed.
After Cedric, Fleur and Victor had captured their eggs, it was Harry's turn.
He bluntly marched forwards only to be met with the Hungarian Horntail. After ducking to avoid the fire he accio'd his firebolt. He got on it and tried to distract the dragon. The dragon however broke loose and flew after Harry away from the arena.

After a while Harry came back, a bit toasty but otherwise fine, he took the egg and the crowd applauded. I let out a breath of relief. It was like a huge weight was lifted of my shoulders.

The gryffindors went back to their common room and partied, the twins had dragged me along but I had left rather quickly. I wanted to see Charlie.

I was happy Harry had made it through his first task but now that was over, the dragons along with their trainors had to leave.

When I was a few steps a way from the dragon camp, Charlie saw me. He looked at me sadly. He was also hating the fact he had to leave.

I walked up to him and we hugged. After a while we locked eyes. He leaned in and so did I. It was a passionate kiss filled with love and sadness. This was the last day we were going to see eachother until Christmas break.
After some time he had to go back and help the others out. I just sat there, waiting until he was finished. When he finally was, he came with me and we went to Hogsmeade. I know it isn't common for the teachers to just leave Hogwarts but I didn't care at the moment.
We went to Honeydukes and afterwards to the three broomsticks. Normally I would settle for a butterbeer but today I took some Firewhiskey and so did Charlie to the point that we had to hold on to eachother to get back to Hogwarts.

We sneaked in and tiptoed to my dorm as silent as possible. Sadly when you're as drunk as we were you find everything hilarious so when we came across mrs. Norris we just burst out in giggles.
" Ch-ch-Charlie we we have to hihi go!" I whisper shouted at him in between giggles. He just grinned at me and we tried to go on. We had just closed the painting behind us when we heard Filch swearing. We had another laugh fit and went to my room.

He tried to lift me up but just caused us to fall down. We were to drunk to even acknowledge any pain from falling and stayed on the floor. We made out and then drifted of to sleep.

The next day was hell. I groaned when I woke up and turned to snuggle into ... Charlie? Ow yeah we had ended up here last night. Oh my head is killing me! How much did I drink?

I woke up Charlie and he was in the same condition as I was. Hungover. I left him on the ground and went to take a shower only to have to stop at the toilet to puke my guts out.
This is going to be a loooooong day.

I got out of the shower gave Charlie a quick kiss and went to breakfast. Thank goodness I had woken up on time, I wouldn't want anyone to ask me about my absence if I had missed breakfast.

I made my way to the teacher's table and sat down. I knibbled on some toast and drunk some water and left. I really wasn't in the right state to have a conversation with the other teachers or anyone for that matter. Also I wanted to leave before everyone came in and the noise would become unbearable. I was in no such luck.

I was almost passed the gryffindor table when two redheads spinned me around and yelled in my ears.
" Good morning Jayjay!"
I cringed and scowled at them.
" Not so loud. Please you're freaking killing me." I whined.
They exchanged looks and grinned at me.
" Why does our little Jayjay have a headache?" George started with a singsong voice.
" Did someone sneak out to have some drinks last night?" Fred continued in the same voice.
" Haha you're hungover! " they ended simultaneously.
" Not so loud" I whined again.
They just laughed at me. I shot them a glare and called on Kreacher. House elves hear there master's calls everywhere so the moment his name left my lips he appeared.
" Yes mistress? "
" Kreacher I need you to bring me some headache potions. The purple potions on the second shelf of the cabinet in the basement. Please hurry."
He nodded at me and with a "yes mistress" he dissapeard again.
Students were shooting me curious glances but I just ignored them.

After a few minutes Kreacher came back with the potions and I immediately poured it down my throat. I smiled. The headache is gone. Oh how I love those potions. I winked at the twins and left to my dorm to give Charlie one. I'm sure he can use it.

A few hours later all the dragon trainers were ready to go. I hugged the lot of them as I already knew them and kissed Charlie good bye. They left and I pouted. I miss him already.

Sorry it's so short but I didn't have much inspiration for this chapter.
thanks for reading.  I love you all! :)