Dumbles' Army against Umbridge

Even with the loud chatter and many movements of The Three Broomsticks, someone had still managed to listen in. They must have been trying really hard though. They told Umbridge who as response came up with Educational Degree number twenty-four. It states the following.

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF hOGWARTS

All student organizations, societies, teams, groups
and clubs are henceforth disbanded.

An organisation, society, team, group or club is hereby
defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the
High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No student organisation, society, team, group or club
may exist without the knowledge and approval of
the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an
organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been
approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with
Educational Degree Number Twenty-Four.

It didn't actually cause or defense group to break up though. It only meant we were going to have to be more careful. We had also decided upon a place. It's stupid I hadn't come up with it, the Room of Requirement. Dobby had told Harry about it who in turn told me. I already knew of the room as I have used it a lot in the past and I couldn't believe I hadn't thought about it. It doesn't really matter anymore anyway but still. Stupid Jane!

Further news, Hedwig has been injured. We believe Umbridge tried to intercept oone of Harry's letters to know what he's up to and didn't mind hurting his owl in the process.

It's stupid of her to even try. If Harry has something really important to say to anyone outside of Hogwarts, Dad mostly, then he tells me and I set up a meeting or I deliver his letter personally. Umbridge is an idiot to think he'd sent important details over the mail. Harry might be a bit oblivious from time to time but he isn't daft!

All of this made the first get-together of the defense group a whole lot more urgent. Therefore a meeting soon took place in a stunning version of the Room of Requirement. The walls were lined with books about jinxes, hexes, curses and their counteractions. A bit further the floor was covered in large, silk cushions, excellent for stunning practices. Another wall was filled with every kind of dark detector you could imagine, ranging from Sneakoscopes to Secrecy Sensors. Overall the room was ideal for a defense practice group.

Soon enough the first few students trickled in. The trio and I had gotten there first of course but we weren't alone for long. Ginny, Nevill, Lavender, Parvati and Dean had been the first group to arrive after us. Shortly fllowed by all the other members.

When everyone was finally settled in, every cushion taken in full use, Harry began to speak only to be interrupte by Hermione.
"I think we ought to have a name" she said. "It would promote the feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Hermione is right, anyone got a suggestion?" I filed in.
"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" Angelina said hopefully.
"Or the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?" Fred suggested with a gleam of excitement. I chuckled at that one.
"Perhaps we should have something less obvious? We have to be able to mention it outside of these practises as well." I lightly rejected the earlier proposals.
"The Defence Association?" Cho asked. "The DA for short so nobody knows what we're talking about?"
"Yeah the DA is good" Ginny pondered the idea. "Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army, because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"

Everyone liked the name and Hermione wrote it down on top of the parchment with then names. Now we could finally begin with the actual lessons.

I had decided to let Harry lead the lessons and assist him in anyway I could. Which meant that during this meet up, I was correcting people's pronunciation of Expelliarmus and readjusting their stance. Harry was right to start off with the basics 'cause the wandwork was sloppy and many had problems disarming their opponents. Neville was rendered partnerless so I let him try it on me a few times. After the fifth try he got the hang of it and was able to disarm me if I wasn't holding my wand to tightly. After another dozen tries, he could whisk my wand away even when I squeezed it hard.

"Good job, Neville!" I praised him as Harry signed me to come over.
"Why don't you join Ron and Hermione?" He did so and I went to look what my godbrother wanted.

"What's up, Prongslett?"
"Am I doing all right? I've never taught before." I smiled at him.
"You're doing great, Harry. Dad would be proud of you and so would James and Lily. I'm sure of it." I assured him.
"Thanks, Jane."
"Sure thing, little bro." I ruffled his hair and went back to adjusting stances. It's a wonder none of these kids had to double their year at Hogwarts. Their spellwork was way off.

When nine o'clock had passed, we decided to call it a night. Curfew is at nine so everyone'll have to be cautious as to not get caught by Filch or Mrs Norris, or in the worst case scenario, by Umbridge herself.

Thank the stars for the Marauders Map. We arranged all students in small groups and let them leave at intervals. No one got caught and we agreed to meet up again on wednesday. Hopefully the spellwork'll go better then...

I'm sorry it's a filler chapter but I've got a massive headache and barely slept last night. Thanks for sticking up with me! Love you all, misschiefmanaged.