Getting inspected

I had written Dad to ask him if he could come by on sunday. He hadn't wasted any time to respond he'd come after dinner. After informing Harry about this I played with Andrew and Anthony. The day went by fast and when the night fell I was exhausted. Babies are tiring.

Soon enough sunday came and with that so did my father. I had asked Charlie to look after the twins after dinner so I could join Harry and Dad. Harry still has trouble sharing his thoughts and eventhough I know he trusts Dad, it's probably easier if there is a third partie present. Plus I had already promised Harry I'd be there.

So now here we are. We had agreed to meet up in my room as it's the most convenient. Both Dad and Harry looked nervous. Dad was probably freaking out because he didn't have a clue why he was here and Harry because he's not used to having a father figure.

"So, Harry you wanted to chat about something?" I broke the silence. I gave him a reassuring look and he started talking.
"Umbridge is driving me nuts and giving me loads of detentions... I think I hate her more than Snape." I choked back a laugh at that and saw Dad furrow his eyebrows.
"That's it? You're just bothered by Umbridge? I know she's a despicable person but you really had me thinking there was something far worse than that going on." Dad said. Harry hesitated, then looked at me. I sighed but nodded anyway.
"She's making Harry do lines-" Dad was about to interrupt but I shushed him, "with a bloodquill."
At that Dad lost it.

"SHE WHAT?!", he bellowed, "How dare she?! That's illegal! How can she...? What do you have to write?" Dad rambled on.
"I must not tell lies..."
"Why does she make you write that?"
"She says I'm a liar when I mention Voldemort's return and when I say something about Cedric's death, she plays it of as a tragic accident. McGonagall can't help me and neither can Dumbledore."
"That women really is a b-"
"DAD!" I stopped him before he could finish his sentence. He rolled his eyes at me.
"You shouldn't let her get to you Harry. She a loathsome woman. Even Remus hates her and you know how kindhearted he is." Harry gave Dad a questioning glance and I knew what he was asking.
"Remus doesn't like her because of some policies she turned into laws two years ago against werewolves which makes it nearly impossible for him to get a job. She has something against half-humans." Harry nodded and I continued. "I'll adress her about the bloodquill usage. I might not be attending every meeting the ministry has but I still hold a higher position than her."
Dad grinned at me. "That's my girl!" I laughed and soon enough Harry joined me. The tense atmosphere was lifted and we chatted happily for a while before Dad had to go home and Harry had to go back to his common room.

The next day brought us some unwelcome surprises. Umbridge has been promoted to High Inquisitor. Whatever that means... according to the article, she is now allowed to inspect other teachers. It didn't take her long to come and inspect me.

It was only the second period when she walked into my class. She took a seat in the corner and scribbled away on her note pad. When I was about to teach my students about Hogwarts, she interrupted me on the same way she interrupted Dumbledore at the start of term feast.

"Hem, hem"

I ignored her. It's my class and in my class you are only allowed to make a noice if it's to ask a question about the matery or if I say something otherwise. She hasn't been granted any questions as she is now on my most hated list. She annoys me. Therefore I continued my lecture, explaining the basic outlining of each house when she interrupted me once more.

"Hem, hem"

I took a deep breath and plastered a fake smile on my face to hide my frustration.

"Is there something in your throat or are you just plainly chosing to disturb my class?" I spoke in authoritive way. It was funny to see the young wizards and witches face turn in one of shock as I normally speak in a much more friendly manner. Umbridge looked a bit put out but didn't let that stop her to speak up.

"My apologies professor Black-"
"Lady Black", I corrected her, "you shall adress me as Lady Black. Have I made myself clear?"
"Yes, of course." She spoke, her voice more clipped than usual. "I was just wondering about your schedule. When you'll be teaching your students what and on what you base your lecture."

"I will bring you a copy of my schedule first thing this afternoon if you're so interested and I have based all of my lectures on my own experiences and books. I do hope you're not insinuating anything I tell is wrong?" I was casually playing with some fire, spouting it from my fingertips and moving it around. Her eyes widened when she saw and she quickly shook her head.
"Of course not, Lady Black. Carry on as you were." With that she left the room and I let go of a breath I was holding.

Damn, that toad is annoying!

When the class sheered I reallised I said it out loud. I laughed along with them for a moment until I told them to quiet down.

"Let's not let her now I said that, okay? Now as I was saying, each house's founder desired a few qualities in their apprentices. Godric Gryffindor for example wished for his students to be brave and chivalrous. Salazar Slytherin thought it important to be ambitious, Rowena Ravenclaw swore the most valuable traits are knowledge and wit and Helga Hufflepuff was the only reasonable who said you are supposed to teach all, though she did value loyalty very much ... so the four founders divided the students into their respective houses and after their deaths the sorting hat continued it for them. It was originally the Hat of Godric himself, he and the other founders had given it a mind of its own when they relised they weren't going to be around forever. By thrursday I want you all to turn in a foot long essay about what traits belong to which house and what kind of negative side affects it can have on the students. For example being brave can make you reckless and being ambitious can make you overly wary of others. You may begin now, if you have any questions you may ask them."

The hour passed quickly with only a handful of questions asked and I continued on to my next. In the afternoon I went to Umbridge to deliver her my teaching plan for each year and after the long day I went back to my kids and Charlie.

Wow, I know this chapter is rubbish but I've been really busy with schoolwork among other things. I would like to thank all of you for sticking with me through this and for making me reach 11K reads! I'm so happy! :)
Lots of love, misschiefmanaged