The secret is out

After I fled to Charlie we discussed what we ought to do and say to our family. We decided to just be honest. They can't be mad at us for getting children. We're getting married anyway and we can support our family. So after everything had calmed down. Cedric being remembered, meetings being set up with previous order members ... you get my drift. We went to the manor in Grimmauld. It has become the orders headcourters. My Dad had decided that and I couldn't disagree because I knew we needed a place for the meetings. It also meant that the Weasleys were staying over during the summer. Sure they could just use floo powder to get there all the time and live in the Burrow but the floo network was being watched. We don't want to have the ministry on our heels.

Yes, the ministry has become a kind of enemy. Not nearly as bad as Voldemort but still bad. They don't want to believe Voldy is back. Instead they're stating that Dumbles is an old fool and that Harry is a liar. Which are of course all false accusations but most of the wizard community doesn't know that and believe the damn newspapers. How are we supposed to deal with that?

Anyway as I was saying before I got sidetracked, we went to the manor. Boy, my dad has a temper. I'll run over the events.

Charlie and I walked in hand in hand. My body showed its true form which made it clear that I'm pregnant. We walked down the hall and into the living room where the 'adults' were talking, I presume the teens are upstairs. As we entered they fell quiet. Remus was sat next to Dad and Nymphadora and Molly and Arthur sat across from them on the other couch. Dora was the first to speak, she hadn't seen my belly before and therefore was the most surprised. Dad, Remus and Arthur had seen it already after the tournament but hadn't gotten the chance to comment on it ye and Molly was in the know already.

"You're pregnant?! Wow, oh Merlin congratz!", Dora exclaimed. I grinned at her and let out a small laugh as she almost fell over while trying to get up to hug me. When she was finally finished hugging me she moved on to Charlie and hugged him as well. They had been acquantances at Hogwarts and were connected through me so it wasn't really awkward. Next to hug me was Molly. Eventhough she already knew she still looked over the moon. Happy tears were streaming down her cheeks as she gave me the famous bearhug. Arthur stood up next and though still chocked cracked a smile. He kissed the top of my head and patted Charlie on the choulder. Before joining his wife again. Together they walked out of the room. Now it was only Dora, Remus, Dad, Charlie and I.

Dora felt the tension and fled the room quickly and then my Dad seemed to wake from his daze. Remus was waiting for his reaction as he himself and I hadn't bonded as much yet. Dad didn't care about our fragile relationship though.

"You ... him ... pregnant ... grandchildren ..." he muttered. When he stopped he almost tackled Charlie to the ground.
"YOU KNOCKED UP MY SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER?!" He shouted. I cringed a bit but to my surprise Charlie didn't. He stayed calm and responded confidently.
"My fiancée and I are expecting twins. You gave us your blessing a long time ago, with that gestre giving her away in my care. I will take care of her even if she doesn't always need me to. She and our kids are my family now. So no, I did not 'knock up' your daughter. Jane and I are getting children. It's not a bad thing like you make it sound. It's the best thing that's ever happened to us. If you won't accept that then you'll lose your daughter and grandsons. We can survive without you." He rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand to comfort me as I can be quite emotional lately. This simple gesture prevents me to flood the house 'cause I have a tendency of using water when I get sad or upset. Just like I use fire when I'm angry or guarded.

Dad nodded at Charlie and apologized. He hugged me and shook Charlies hand and that was that. Remus gave me a smile and a short hug before patting Charlie on the back. The hardest part was over now. The adults knew and it was only a matter of the time before the teens would know as well.

Apparently that time would be really soon. As we sat down for dinner the teens joined us. Fred and George immediatly noticed I wasn't hiding my pregnancy bumb and ask through eye contact if we told them. I nodded and they grinned. They walked round the table and kissed me simultaneously on each cheek. I smiled and was soon attacked in a hug from Ginny.

"You're pregnant?! That's amazing! When are you due? Is it a boy or a girl? Have you thought about names yet?" She rambled out question after question while I chuckled. The other uninformed teens sat down as well as the future grandparents and all listened attentively as we told them. Finally we thought to reveal some new information.

"We've been thinking about who should be the godparents..." Charlie bagan. " and we've decided that Bill and Fred will be Godfathers of one of the twins and George and Nymphadora Godparents of the other. That is of course if you agree..." We looked at our newly announced candidates who all nodded in consent. Yes, Bill was there too. We had informed him that we were going to visit the manor and asked him whether he could join us. It was meant to be moral support for when we told the parents but Bill had been delayed and only arrived by dinnertime.

After that we all talked a lot about the future and the present. Voldemort is back, the ministry is against us and I've got two kids on the way. Let's hope everything'll work out.