Fun Dragons

"As to be expected, Dumbledore's escape had a domino effect. You had the students, whispering to one another about how he had gotten away and when he'd come back. The gossip was amusing to hear. Sometimes I forget how creative youngsters are. For example, there was a second year girl telling her friend how Fudge was in St. Mungo's with a pumpkin for head. I heard two fourth years telling anyone who'd listen that Dumbledore had actually never left Hogwarts and was only hauled up in his office. That rumour had found it's origin when the Headmaster's office refused to open for Umbridge.

Speaking of the Toad. She's been promoted.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC
Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced
Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of
Witchcraft and Wizardry.

The above is in accordance with
Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight

Signed: Cornelius Oswald Fudge,
Minister for Magic

She's obviously pleased, so are her groupies and Filch, that's about it. She has also started what's called 'The Inquisitorial Squad'. Basically she gave the students who like her, sadly including my cousin, the power to dock points off of every student at this school, even prefects. In other words, she messed up the entire system. Points are being docked for anything and everything. Hermione even told me Draco docked points off of her for being a 'Mudblood'. I think it's time he and I have another chat."

Charlie had slept over at the house in Romania for the last few days and asked me to fill him in on what's happened since he's been gone. There's been a particularly difficult new dragon and they can use all the help the can get. Therefore Char's working long hours. It's agonizing to be apart for too long but we've endured it before. At least we can catch up every once in a while. We got some two way mirrors that come in handy right about now.

"Yeah, you're right. Your cousin might listen to you." Charlie responded after my long speech. It's not my fault so much happens at this school.
"Oh, before I forget. What did the Fred and George do? I got a letter from Mom that they dropped out in a 'most horrendous' way. You don't happen to know what that's all about?" He asked. I grinned and started to explain.

"Well, you know the twins. They never really much cared for school. Their dream is to run a joke shop. Now with Dumbledore gone, the Toad running the school, and their being of age, it was bound to happen." I began.
"I'm going to need a bit more than that..."
"Don't get your wand in a twist, I'm getting there." I grinned as he rolled his eyes.

"As I was saying, it was bound to happen. The prank of all pranks, the thing to make them Hogwarts legends. Really, it's also the start of their new shop. Pre-orders are running like hell. Now, you know their fascination with fireworks?" Charlie nodded on the other side of the mirror and I grinned.
"Now combine their fireworks with your occupation. What do you get?" He frowned for a second before his eyes widened.

"They didn't. They ... they made fireworks in the form of dragons. I didn't know they were that advanced... how did it go?"

"Don't underestimate your brothers, dear." I said with the most housewife voice I could muster. Turning my voice back to normal I continued.

"They sorta released their entire stock worth of dragons with clever defense mechanisms in them. Try vanishing them and they multiply by ten. Try stunning and they shoot of glitter. Those boys are far smarter than people give them credit for.

Anyway, the fireworks kept Umbridge busy for a while as teachers like McGonagall had students go fetch her when a firecracker showed up in the clasroom. That Hag had to keep running from classroom to classroom. I even made the mistake of trying to vanish one. Whoops." I smiled an innocent smile as Charlie chuckled. "It's an honest mistake."

As Charlie was about to say something, my door flew open. Harry stormed in looking thoroughly distraught.

"Char, let me call you back, kay?" He nodded and we disconnected.

Harry was possibly fuming, pacing from one side of the room to the other.

"Harry? What's wrong?" I asked carefully, already summoning some tea.
"I just come from Snape's office." He bagan. I nodded for him to carry on and motioned to a seat. He took a deep breath and sat down.
"There was this pensieve and I looked into it and got sucked into some kind of memory from him. It was during his defense owl. My Dad and Sirius, Remus and Pettigrew were all there. Sirius was  bored so my Dad pointed at Snape and they got up to ... to bully him! They right ou taunted him. Then Mum came to Snape's defense and he - he called her a Mudblood. After that she left and Dad and Sirius  continued to pester Snape! They were hanging him upside down and making fun of him! They were bullies" by now, Harry was again stood upright. His face was blotshy and sweaty. He was really working himself up about it.

"Sit down and drink your tea." Harry made to protest but one look from me and he quietly obeyed.
"Now, I will not be making up excuses for either of our fathers. But are you really surprised?" He shot me a look and I held up my hands.
"I'm just saying, Harry. They were rivals because of their houses and for your father it probably was a fight over your mother as well. Perhaps he was jealous that she was friends with Snape? Also keep in mind that you only saw one memory and that it was Snape's. You don't know what Snape has done to them in their time." I spoke steadily, making sure he understood.

"I'm not saying what they did was right, but we both know Snape as well. He is also a bully, only he bullies children when he's the adult. Now I don't remember much about James, but I do remember his kindness. Your father grew up after Hogwarts. Otherwise Lily wouldn't have started liking him. My father ... well he's still a manchild but he's not evil. He's got a problem with Snape but who doesn't?"

"Still", Harry said, "there were four of them while Snape was alone. That's not fair. Even if he was a git." Harry challenged. I sighed before replying.
"Again, you only saw one memory. Who knows hom many friends or allies he had in his house. It's not because he was alone in this memory that he never had a group to challenge the Marauders. Though, the way I see it, he didn't deserve many friends. He called your mother, his friend, a Mudblood, then joined an organisation focused on killing people like her. Do you really want to defend someone like him?"
Harry mulled it over in his head before shaking it.

"I quess not. I still want to talk to Sirius about it."
"Sure, we'll arrange that soon, okay? Now I think you should head to your dorm. It's almost curfew."

Harry nodded, said goodnight and left. Merlin I hope I got through to him. Dad's been trying so hard to be a good godfather.