The fourth Champion

Disclaimer : all characters and places belong to J.K. Rowling except for Jane Black.

Jane POV
After that night, Harry seemed to be avoiding me a little. Every once in a while I would notice him looking my way but when I looked back he adverted his gaze. I quess I was a bit harsh on him and scared him. But it was his own fault right? I mean you don't just barge in to someone's bedroom. I sighed.

We were all having breakfast in the great hall and I felt a bit quilty. The twins know me by now and they'll probably already get that I'm over it. They are my best friends. I can't stay mad at them.
Harry however, is a different case. He doesn't really know who I am and how I behave. He's only seen a bit of me. I'll just tell him I'm no longer mad at him.
With that thought I stood up and went over to him. He saw me coming and paled. Merlin I must have been more terrifying than I thought. Okay just smile, everything will be alright.
" Hey Harry, Ron I just wanted to tell you that I'm not mad at you guys anymore. But uhm I would appreciate it if you don't come in to my room anymore, you know? Just don't mind what I do. Are we good?" I looked at them they seemed to be in a slightly shocked state. I quess they didn't forsee my mood change. Harry quickly snapped out of it and answered me.
" Sure Jane. We're good and I just want to apologise for barging in your room like that."
" It's in the past now", I shrugged,"I would appreciate it though if you didn't tell Sirius"
It sounded strange to say Sirius but father sounded so formal and I wasn't close enough with him for dad so yeah, Sirius.
Harry looked at me amused but also quilty. He smiled sheepishly at me and that is when it hit me. He had already owled him. Oh that's just great. Awesome. Some more things he can use against me.
" It's okay Harry, it doesn't matter."
I turned around and left to go teach my first class of the day.

The day flew by and the night came. After dinner Charlie came to my dorm again and we just talked about everything and nothing until we fell asleep.

The next morning was Halloween. Nice. I don't know if anyone has noticed but every Halloween has gone wrong since Harry got here. Don't believe me? I'll summarize the last three Halloweens for you. Let's see. His first year, Quirrel let a troll in and almost got me and the trio killed. Second year, mrs. Norris got petrified and a bloodwritten message told us the chamber of secrets had been opened. Then last year my idiot father almost caused a scene with the Fat Lady. I really am not looking forward to this year.
Charlie noticed my frustrations and gave me a kiss. I smiled at him and he hugged me.

The entire day was nerve racking. All the students were excited to find out who the Champions would be while I just thought about what disaster would happen tonight. Certainly there must be something that goes wrong. I wonder if it's like a curse or something. James and Lily died on Halloween so now Harry can't have a happy Halloween. It does make sense.

My classes seemed to be harder as wel today. No one seemed to be able to concentrate and I just gave up. I stared at the fifth year slytherins and ravenclaws and spoke up.
" Why don't we stop for the day huh? You can tell eachoter ghost stories or something or just talk about the tournament. I think we all know none of us is going to remember anything I teach you today anyway."
The class looked at me dumbfounded until some started thanking me and others clapped. Even the ravenclaws were happy they didn't have to focus on class and could just gossip about the upcoming events. I smiled at them and took a seat on top of my desk. I was just looking around. The students talked away and soon the bell rang and they left a few moments later my next class entered and I told them the same thing. The rest of the day went by in a blur.

At the feast everyone was glancing towards Dumbledore. Waiting for him to announce the champions but we just had to wait.

Finally after what seemed like ages he stood up and you could hear a pin drop in the room. All was quiet.
Dumbledore began.
"It seems as if the cup is almost ready. I reckon it will only take a minute. Now when you are elected and I call your name I would like you to come forward and go into that room." He made a side motion towards a door and continued as the goblet's fire changed colour and a piece of parchment came out.
"For Dumstrang... mr. Victor Krum!" There was sheering and then the next piece came out.
" for Beauxbatons ... Fleur Delacour!" This time it was sheering in combination with wolf whistles for the veela girl. The next one came out and you could cut the tension with a knife. This was the Hogwarts student.
" Our third and final Champion from our very own Hogwarts is ... Cedric Diggory! " the room exploded with applause and Cedric stood up to go to the room.
"Now that was all. I wish you all a goodnight and..." he was cut of when the goblet changed colours once again and spit out another piece of parchment.
" Harry potter?... Harry Potter! "
I knew something like this would happen but surely Harry can't enter he's only fourteen.
Harry made his way forwards and I could see he didn't do this. He looked utterly lost and was very pale. I stood up and followed him. We might not be close but he is my godbrother so I am going to help him.

When we entered the room I turned to him.
"Are you alright? I don't know how this happened Harry but Dumbledore'll fix it. You're not of age yet, they can't make you compete." He looked at me with big eyes.
" Do you believe me when I say I didn't put in my name?"
I nodded at him and smiled. Then Dumbledore and some other professors entered.
" Harry did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" Dumbledore asked.
" No sir, I did not"
" Liar!" Snivelus sneered.
I shot him a glare and turned to Dumbledore.
" Sir you're not going to let him compete, right? I mean he's only fourteen, he can't compete." I looked at Dumbledore and my heart sunk. He was going to let him compete.
" I'm sorry to say but it's a binding contract with the goblet. Once you enter there is no way back." I looked at him with an 'are you serious?' expression and he smiled at me apologetically. I just scowled. Harry in the mean time looked like he was about to burst. He didn't say anything and kept quiet but I could feel his emotions rumbling around. I felt sorry for him and guided him back to his dorm before he entered I told him to write to my father, he would like to know.

Afterwards I went to my room with my mind screaming 'I told you something would happen!' in my head. I just sighed and went to bed where Charlie was already waiting for me. He swapped his arms around me and we fell asleep.