The second task

It was the 24th February, also known as the day of the second task. I was quite nervous for Harry. He had told me what he had found out but it didn't sound like he actually had a plan. Sure he now knew the clue, but he still didn't know how to breath underwater for an hour. Yes, you heard me correctly. He has to stay underwater for an hour to 'recover what they took'. It said so in a song from inside the egg. It went like this.

'Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching, ponder this:
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour - the prospect's black
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.'

So basically, the song says you'll have to search something underwater and you only get one hour before it dissapears. Nice, huh? Yeah, no.
Anyway, I'm sure Harry will be fine. That boy can survive almost anything. He survived the killing curse for crying out loud! So I'm going to be selfish for a moment and think about my own problems.

I'm now about seven or eight weeks along. I'm not feeling too sick yet, which is good for me otherwise I'd get a repeat of all the drama when I took the dreamless sleep potions. I do tend to be a bit emotional. My hair is changing colour more often, but most people think it's because of the excitement of the tournament. I've also noticed my breasts beginning to grow and my waist getting a bit rounder. This is a time where it comes in handy to be a metamorphmagus. I just trie to keep looking as I did before I got pregnant and hope no one notices when I slip up.
Anyway, I haven't told Charlie yet. I know I should. It's just not something you tell in a letter. So I guess I'll tell him today. He's coming over to see the second task. Hopefully he isn't to shocked when he finds out. Whoever started the myth that you can't get pregnant when it's your first time, should get his but kicked.

I just hope he doesn't freak. We'll deal with this when we have to. And seeing as this baby isn't going to come out any time soon, we don't have to deal with it right now. Well, of course I'll have to watch my diet and make sure I get all the right vitamins and stuff like that. Then I'm also no longer aloud to drink alcohol and I should trie not to strain myself by exercising too much or lifting heavy boxes. That should be doable.

Now the hard part really is telling Charlie. He needs to know as it's his baby too, but I'm afraid he'll want to tell his parents so they can give us advice. Honestly, it would help to know what is happening inside my body, nut if we tell his parents then I'll have to tell my dad as well. Yeah I'm not really feeling like announcing he's going to be a granddad when only a few months ago I told him he wasn't going to see a grandchild anytime soon.

Okey we just tell no one. That's the best solution!

After my internal debate I went to the great hall to get some breakfast. When I couldn't spot the trio, I grew worried. Where are they? It was a quarter past nine when I walked out to the Black Lake but there was still no sign of Harry, Ron or Hermione. Then finally with only a minute to spare, Harry ran in sight. He immediatly joined the other champions and Bagman started speaking.
"Well,all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three, then. One ... two ... three!" The champions leaped forward except Harry. He seemed to be eating something. Perhaps it'll help him breath underwater 'cause he doesn't seem to be casting any spells or charms which may help him. Finally he too went in the lake and I scanned the crowd. I was supposed to meet Charlie here somewhere. Why hadn't we just met up in my office?

After a few moments I spotted him at the same time he spotted me. We made our way too one another and exchanged a sweet kiss. Afterwards I leaned in to his ear and whispered the sentance that usually makes people run for the hills.
"We need to talk." He turned his head so he could look at me and his eyes widened as he took in my nervous face. He then leaned closer to me to ask me a question.
"What is it?" I just mouthed later as an answer and guided him to a seet. I leaned my head on his shoulder and tried to relax. It didn't really work but that was to be expected. It's not everyday you are going to tell you fiancé/ boyfriend that your pregnant.

We stayed silent for a long time when suddenly Fleur Delacour came out of the lake. She hadn't managed to get her treasure. It sounded like she had been attacked by a bunch of Grindylows and had no choice but to give up.
The hour was over when the first champion with a treasure popped up. It was Cedric Diggory along with Cho Chang, the asian girl Harry's got a crush on. What's taking Harry so long. I'm sure he can do it.
Soon after Cedric, Viktor Krum appeared with Hermione. Now I get why she wasn't here. Well if Hermione is Krums treasure then Ron must be Harry's. Finally the boy who lived showed up with both Ron and Fleur's little sister. There was a lot of commotion to get them out the lake.
After they were all out and handed a towel, Bagman spoke up again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached our decision. Merchieftainess Murcus has told us exactly what happened at the bottom of the lake, and we have therefore decided to award marks out of fifty for each of the champions, as follows ...
Miss Fleur Delacour, though she demonstrated excellent use of the Bubble-Head Charm, was attacked by Grindylows as she approached her goal, and failed to retrieve her hostage. We award her twenty-five points.
Mr Cedric Diggory, who also used the Bubble-Head Charm, was first to return with his hostage, though he returned one minute outside the time limit of an hour. We therefore award him forty-seven points.
Mr Viktor Krum used an incomplete form of Transfiguration, which was nevertheless effective, and was second to return with his hostage. We award him forty points.
Mr Harry Potter used Gillyweed to great effect. He returned last, and well outside the time limit of an hour. However, the Merchieftainess informs us that Mr Potter was first to reach the hostages, and that the delay in his return was due to his determination to return all hostages to safety, not merely his own.
Most of the judges feel that this shows moral fibre and merits full marks. However... Mr Potter's score is forty-five points."

OMM! Harry is tied on first place with Cedric! This is great. Charlie and I went to congratulate him before returning to my office. We still had to have a talk and I so don't want to. Well here we go!