chapter 16 shadows and whispers.

Amidst the chaos of the battlefield, Mizuno and two skilled warriors find solace and love within each other's embrace. In this chapter, tensions rise as their relationship becomes more evident to those around them, including their fellow soldiers and commanding officers.

As the sun begins to set on the war-torn terrain, Mizuno and Af'ie find a moment of respite in a flames circle wall around them. Dust and smoke cloud the air, but their love keeps them grounded amidst the chaos. They steal precious moments together, their whispered words of affection barely audible above the distant sounds of gunfire and flames.

However, their relationship hasn't gone unnoticed. Some of their fellow soldiers have grown suspicious, and their looks are laden with curiosity and judgment. Whispers spread like wildfire throughout both of the camps, threatening to expose their secret. There is a growing tension in the air that weighs heavily on their hearts.

One evening, as they retreat to their makeshift hideout, they find their belongings ransacked. Love letters and personal mementos, carefully hidden away, now lie scattered across the floor. Someone has breached their trust, and the sense of betrayal hangs heavy in the room.

Af'ie and Mizuno confront the camp's commanding , headquarters General Anderson, who reveals that rumors about their relationship have reached their superiors. They are warned of the potential consequences, both for their reputation and the morale of their fellow soldiers. With their actions under scrutiny, they now face a tough decision: continue fighting for their love amidst a hostile environment or conceal their affections to protect themselves and their comrades.

Their relationship tested by whispers and judgment, Mizuno and Af'ie must confront the intricacies of their love amid the harsh realities of the battlefield. As they grapple with the tension surrounding them, they vow to find a way to navigate this treacherous path and stand strong together.

( as she leaned  close to Divine)
Zaylora: I don't want to end our relationship.

Divine
  You don't have to, I love you and only you. I don't  care. I have to wait or end quickly.

Let hide out affections with insults  when we do battle.

Zaylora
I have fallen in love with you. I wouldn’t let them hurt you in any way. But the current chairwoman  child that you saved, trying to reason with her grandmother. They you saved from her injuries.

  She currently  decides over the matter, I think so.

This probably  takes 5 years until it is over since  our signal to my homelands isn't  in the earth solar system.

Divine
"Sigh." Your  home need to upgrade their shit.

Zaylora
I don't understand  your  language  with how they verse  these words, but they do.

Divine it's called a swearing.

Zaylora: What is swearing?

Divine:  it's  like  someone bad mouth you. But in different views. Some cases of swearing are actually used as bad mouths. Other times, they are used to shit talk about  society issues, I think.

Zaylora: You might have to give me a book or deep explanation towards  the swearing.

Divine ( looks aways )

Probably more work then. But you don't have to say those things.

Zaylora ( smirked)
you probably right, but if those other humans dare to mock me, I will just flip them off, like you said.

Divine ( smiled)

   You're so adorable sometimes  Af'ie.

Zaylora ( blushed )