Chapter 12: Crashing the Party

"I can't decide which dress to wear," Kacie said in a frustrated tone.

"This one is nice. It's cute." Gabby said as she put earrings in her ears.

"It's cute, that's it. I don't want to look cute; I want to look grown up." Kacie said as she looked through her dresses.

"Too late. No chance of that." Layla laughed as she put on her heels.

"Shut up, Lay. You both look so beautiful. My hair isn't right, and my makeup is awful today." Kacie plopped down on the bed.

"Here, wear this." Gabby took a dress from the closet and handed it to her.

"You haven't worn it yet. Don't you wanna save it for a date?" Kacie asked, confused.

"Nah. I will wear it. But tonight, it's yours." Gabby winked.

Kacie hugged Gabby and put the dress on. Perfect fit.

"The car will be here in ten minutes. We better head down to the hotel lobby." Gabby looked at her phone and picked up her purse.

The girls made their way to the lobby, and each looked like royalty and felt that way.

The car arrived at the front door and parked near the curbside. The driver exited the vehicle and opened the doors for the girls to climb inside.

"Have you been to his parent's house yet?" Kacie asked.

"No, just his house. But I am sure it is huge." Gabby laughed.

"For sure." Layla nodded.

The car pulled into a semi-circle driveway and parked. The driver once again got out of the car to open the doors. The girls got out of the car and stood there motionless.

"This ain't West Virginia, ladies," Kacie said with mouth agape.

"No, it's not." Layla agreed.

The house was  immaculate and old. It was a Victorian-style home much like Desmond's but much more prominent. Wrought iron balconies lined the home. The columns were intricately detailed. A large fountain was situated in the front leading to the front entrance. Lights were shining on the house. Desmond rushed out of the front door to meet them.

"Hey, hey! Glad you made it!" He smiled.

He was dressed in a black button-down shirt with gray slacks and high shone black shoes. Ironically, Gabby was wearing a black dress with tiny rhinestones. It was a silk material and fit her well. Her hair was curled, half in a rhinestone clip that held it tightly in place.

"Gab, you look amazing." Desmond kissed her cheek.

"Aww, y'all are too cute; it's makin' me sick." Layla joked.

"Let me take your picture," Kacie said as she pulled out her phone.

Desmond pulled Gabby close as the picture was taken.

"I'll text it to you, don't worry." Kacie laughed.

"Come on in. The party has begun. Everyone is in the back." Desmond led them inside the house.

There were so many people gathered. Black, white, and gold balloons were hung everywhere. Jazz music filled the large rooms as the guests mingled and laughed, drinking champagne.

"Geez, Desmond, your parents know how to party." Kacie laughed.

"Right? It's embarrassing to admit how good they are at it." Desmond laughed in agreeance.

Desmond pulled on Gabby's arm and leaned in.

"Do you want to meet my parents?" He asked, rubbing his head nervously.