-FIVE

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of suicide attempts and depression. be careful besties.

"bunny muncher says what?"

JOHN Gilbert was attacked the night of the Founder's Day parade, though Eden liked to call it karma.

According to Damon and Elena, he'd been the one to set off the device and after nearly killing her, she wasn't upset he'd lost some fingers.

The downside of the attack was the attacker.

Apparently, her name was Katherine, and she was Damon and Stefan's sire/ex-girlfriend/Elena's doppelgänger.

Like everything else in Mystic Falls, it was very dramatic.

Through Elena, Eden also discovered that Jeremy had attempted suicide, though he had Anna's blood in his system.

(Not enough to turn him, but enough to heal him.)

That made Eden cry in the hospital bed before Damon approached bed.

Nearing the end of visiting hours, he finally showed his face and she was overwhelmed with gratitude for him.

"Why'd you save me?" She asked as he stood at the end of her bed.

"You're important to Elena."

Eden shook her head. "Not as important to her as you are. Try again."

"You didn't belong down there," he admitted. "I couldn't let you die down there."

Eden softened. "Thank you."

"Whatever, don't make a big deal."

Then he was gone and Eden was alone with her thoughts once more.

Jenna said Tyler Lockwood had gotten into a car accident, sending Caroline into the hospital. That sucked. Eden liked Caroline.

Overall, not a great night.

Eden was released the next morning, though she had first and second degree burns scattered across her arms. She clung to the medicines tightly in the bag prescribed, though she could attempt a healing charm when she got home.

But Eden had always been rubbish at healing charms, that was always Draco's forte.

She met Jenna outside the building, passing by Elena and Stefan, who offered a hug and smile respectively.

"How's Caroline?" Eden asked the pair.

"She's doing better," Elena smiled, relief evident on her face. "Damon gave her some blood so she's healing up. How're you?"