- FORTY-ONE

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
Unhealthy relationships,
codependency issues,
memory loss, and blink-and-you-miss-it abuse

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Unhealthy relationships, codependency issues, memory loss, and blink-and-you-miss-it abuse

"if i see klaus, i'm going to tear his limbs off."

EDEN stared at Niklaus defiantly, only uncrossing her arms when he let Elena go, so she could pull her niece into a hug.

"You okay?" She asked Elena gently, stroking her hair. "I'm sorry I didn't message you on your birthday, I've been...going through a lot."

"It's fine," Elena shook her head, smiling tightly. "Don't sweat it. Are you and Klaus...?"

"Complicated," Eden shrugged. "He won't hurt you."

"So, this is the latest doppelganger," Rebekah commented, circling the pair. "Eden, do let her go, I want a better view."

"Bex, I love you," Eden shot her a look, "but I'm beginning to regret having Elijah hide your dagger."

Rebekah scowled. "You two are perfect together," she glanced between Niklaus and Eden. "The dagger threats." She sighed, tilting her head to look at Elena. "The original one was much prettier."

"No, she wasn't," Eden whispered in Elena's ear. "You're the prettiest, don't listen."

"Enough," Niklaus rolled his eyes. "Both of you."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Eden frowned, giving an innocent look to Rebekah and Elena. "Do you both hear something? There's a buzzing around. Is there a fly in here?"

Elena fought a smile. "Way better when you use that joke on someone else," she said quietly.

"I disagree," Niklaus grabbed a fistful of Eden's hair and Rebekah took a step back, eyes wide.

"What are you doing, Niklaus?"

Niklaus stopped as everyone's attention went to the entrance, where a very angry Elijah stood. He sped over and Niklaus dropped his grip on Eden.

"This is not how we discussed this," Elijah looked between Elena and Niklaus. "Rebekah, take Stefan and go home."

"I'm not going—"

"—Rebekah," he glared at her. "Go home."

Rebekah let out a sigh, mumbling about what was fair and grabbed Stefan's arm, both of them speeding off.