- SEVENTEEN

"they eat rats for breakfast, darling, and they're much lither

"they eat rats for breakfast, darling, and they're much lither."

There was a lot happening in Mystic Falls when Eden awoke that Saturday morning in between Rose and Damon.

For one: Hermione and Harry had blown up her phone asking why she needed to know the cure for werewolf bites on a vampire and the well-being of her soulmate. (As far as they were made aware, he was the only vampire in town. She much preferred not to worry them with...everything else.)

For another thing: Jenna had texted her ten times ranging from all caps screaming to detailed paragraphs about how much she hated John Gilbert. Eden presumed John Gilbert was back in town.

For the third thing: Draco was coming that day. They'd gone back and forth over text and he moved plans around, deciding to come for the weekend until Monday. On one hand, she was excited to see Draco. He was one of her best friends, a relationship built through trauma and carried in love, he wasn't like any of her other friends.

On another, she knew Draco would hate Mystic Falls and while it would be amusing, she wasn't sure how well-behaved everyone would be around him.

"What...happened?"

Eden's attention was brought back to Rose as she stirred awake. Eden's face softened. Rose had been delirious the night before and in her sleep, she mumbled about Trevor and Katherine and it nearly broke Eden's heart hen she cried.

"You killed a bunch of people but our witch saved your life," Damon clarified, brushing back Rose's hair.

"What?" Rose looked to Eden with wide eyes. "You — you cured me?"

Eden shook her head. "No, I have to reapply the potion daily and it might lose potency. My friend, he's a healer with a specification for potions, is coming by today. He may offer more help. This is a temporary solution, but I'm not going to let you die."

Rose's eyes filled with tears. "Thank you," she whispered. "You're... the best person I've ever met."

Eden rolled her eyes. "Don't get all mushy on me now, Rose. Damon'll throw up."

"It's true, I will," Damon nodded. "I'm going to make some vampcakes, when's Draco coming, Paradise?"

Eden glanced to her phone. "A couple hours. What are vampcakes?"

His eyes widened. "I haven't made you them yet?"

Eden shook her head. "No," she exchanged a look with Rose. "Are they pancakes?"

"Rose gets blood instead of syrup on top, but you'll love the normal ones, Eden." He pressed a kiss to her head and rushed from the room, leaving Eden and Rose to sit in confused silence before they laughed at his antics.