-EIGHT

"I'd let you take me upstairs right now and rail me on Jenna's bed

"I'd let you take me upstairs right now and rail me on Jenna's bed."

EDEN hadn't gone shopping by herself again. It had been a week or so since The Grocery Store Flop Incident of 2010 (as she'd taken to calling it in her head) and she'd hardly left the Gilbert house.

The sinking feeling of Harry's phone call from weeks prior was enough to make her sick. She was on edge all the time, reverting back into herself.

Eden cracked less jokes, spent less time outside, and overall was just fucking depressed.

But when Damon texted her to ask Jenna to have a barbecue with "the ugliest posible werewolf Mason" she immediately accepted, spirits lifted slightly.

She and Jenna planned the whole event, though Eden cooked the side dishes when Alaric made the main dishes.

Deciding to braid her hair — she looked cute in braids — and wear her favorite jeans and crop top, she bounded downstairs to the kitchen here Jenna was pointing at things.

"Barbecue sauce?"

"Check," Jenna responded.

"Potato salad?"

"Check."

"Beans?"

"Check."

"Burger buns?"

"Check."

"Your mom?"

"Eden!" Jenna slapped her shoulder lightly. "That joke isn't even funny."

"It's always funny," Eden shrugged in disagreement. "I love your mom jokes."

"Hey Jenna," Elena greeted, entering the room. "Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction."

"Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about," Jenna said pointedly. "Why is Damon coming?"

"I love Damon," Eden pouted. "I invited him. Alaric said yes because we're all best friends."

"I'll be nice when Damon takes his paws off Elena," Jenna raised an eyebrow at her sister. "And Elena, tell him off once in a while."

"Believe me, I'm trying," Elena nodded.

"Good news!" Mason entered the room with a grin. Eden's stomach did a somersault and she smirked up at him. "I found the shot glasses!"