-THIRTEEN

TW: GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF ABUSE/TORTURE AND RAPE. WE GET A NIGHTMARE SEQUENCE, SORRY GUYS.

"oh, you like dramatics?"

THE first thing Eden did when Damon laid her down on his bed was call Harry. Damon left, giving her space, and Elena promised to tell Jenna she was staying over at the Salvatore's again.

Curled up in Damon's pillow, she held the phone to her ear, tears gathering in her eyes.

"Bon!" Harry's cheerful voice made her smile.

"Hi, bubba," she whispered.

"What's happened, Eden? Are you alright?"

"I was kidnapped," she managed.

"I'm sorry?" Harry spluttered. "W-what was that?"

"There were these two vampires, they were looking for Elena—"

"—Your niece? Why?"

"She's the doppelganger."

"That doesn't help me at all but continue."

"They wanted to give her to an Original, but they called Dolohov for me."

Harry swore loudly. "Are you alright? Did you see him? Did he see you? Are you safe now?"

"I'm okay," Eden cut through his worries. "Damon and Stefan got us out."

"Okay," Harry was quiet for a moment. "That means Dolohov probably knows where you are. I'll alert MACUSA, see if they can help track him down.There's something else, isn't there?"

Eden was quiet for a long time before she sniffled. "The Original's name was Elijah, and...he was my soulmate," her voice broke on the last word, and Harry didn't speak. "They had to kill him because he wanted to kill Elena, but...I can't help but..."

"They killed your soulmate?" Harry's voice was quiet.

"Yeah."

"Did you meet him in the same day he died?"

Eden nodded, even if he couldn't see her. "Yeah, kind of a rough go of things, I guess."

"Oh, bon," his voice was soft. "Where are you, I can come visit you? I'm a bit busy today, but I can shuffle things for tomorrow and come see you. I don't want you alone."

"I'm okay," Eden replied weakly. "Don't put your things on hold. How's Gin?"

"She's good, baby's kicking, but that's not the point of this conversation, Eden."

"Damon'll be here," Eden informed quietly. "He's being gentle about it all. I think it stops us from seeing Elijah as a villain, knowing he's bonded to —" She cut herself off, the pain in her chest that had nestled there since Elijah's death slowly dissipating.