-SEVEN

TRIGGER WARNING: PTSD INDUCED ANXIETY ATTACK AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER

"I'm going to drown myself in a kiddie pool."

ELENA avoided Eden for a day or two after that, having short conversations with her aunt.

She couldn't believe Eden.

But Eden didn't need to explain herself. She'd lost enough friends to witches and wizards who believed they knew better, she wasn't losing another.

Instead, she spent the majority of her time with Ric and Damon. Not that she minded. Elena was her niece, of course she loved her, but she didn't have to be her friend.

Eden spent the rest of her time with Jenna or Jeremy, or talking to Harry on the phone.

She missed him.

She hoped he'd visit soon.

"Thanks for coming Ric," Damon greeted her sister's boyfriend and he entered the Boarding House.

Eden was propped on a sofa with a drink in her hands, nursing it patiently as the pair chatted. Stefan glanced at her every once in awhile, but said nothing.

She got the feeling he didn't like her.

She couldn't find it in herself to care.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help?" Ric asked, smiling at Eden. "Hey, Eden, I didn't see you. How's your day going?"

"I've been with Damon all day, what do you think?"

"Oh, how you wound me," Damon said sarcastically. "I'm so hurt I could simply die."

"A girl can dream," Eden smirked over at him. "How're you Ric?"

"I'm good," he smiled kindly at her. "Hey, did you—"

"—and this conversation is already boring me, let's get back to the good stuff," Damon rolled his eyes. "Talk. Now."

"He means to say," Stefan glanced at his brother, shaking his head. "That he hopes you can shed some light on the Lockwood family."

"Yes, exactly."

"So close, Damon," Eden took a sip of her bourbon. "So close and yet, so far off base."

"Why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?"

"Well, you wouldn't," Damon's eyes widened and his signature smirk crossed his expression. "But your dead not-dead vampire wife might."