-SIX

"touch him again and I'll light you up like a Christmas tree"

EDEN wasn't sure about the carnival. She wasn't big on crowds — the last time she went to a populated event by a large group of people, the Death Eaters killed hundreds of people and she was hit by a stunning curse and got a concussion — and it was a high school event.

For a school she'd never been to.

Still, Damon offered to buy her cotton candy and popcorn, so she decided to attend against her better judgement.

Walking in with Jeremy, she decided to find Damon and spend most of the night with him.

"I'm gonna hit the ferris wheel," Jeremy told her. "See you in a couple hours?"

Eden nodded, glancing up at the large ride. She hated heights. Ever since riding on the back of a dragon and falling hundreds of feet into open waters, she hadn't been much of a fan.

"Sure thing, don't die, please."

"It's a Ferris wheel, Eden," Jeremy laughed. "I won't die."

"You say that now," Eden shrugged. "I'll talk to your ghost when you get thrown from the ride."

"Geez, you're morbid."

"And you're a dead man. See you later, Remy."

Jeremy shook his head with a laugh, walking in the opposite direction of his aunt, as Eden searched for Damon or Elena.

She found the former walking around, eying up attractive blondes in his line of vision.

"Merlin, you're gross," Eden muttered, standing next to him.

"Why do you say that?" Damon glanced at her. "Is Merlin like your god?"

"No, Merlin was a student at Hogwarts. He's just the greatest wizard to have ever lived."

Damon watched her for a moment. "Hogwarts? Where you went to school? You're telling me it's older than Merlin?"

"Yep," she nodded. "Did you buy me a soda?"

"That was not part of the agreement," he rolled his eyes.

"But you love me so much you'll buy me one anyway."