-TWENTY-FIVE

full moon is april 9, fred and george's birthday is april 1

full moon is april 9, fred and george's birthday is april 1. a week happens from the beginning of the chapter to the second half. <3

"now, if you'll excuse me, i've got a curse to break and you've a funeral to plan."

"George Weasley," Eden's lips lifted into a smile when her friend exited the floo. She pulled him into a hug, and he held her close, the pair rocking back and forth for a moment.

It had been so long since she'd seen George. She always forgot he'd lost an ear when she wasn't with him — despite it being traumatic. In her mind, George looked exactly like Fred; with a few added freckles and being half an inch shorter — so seeing him without one still threw her off-balance.

"I missed you, Eden," he pressed a kiss to her forehead as they pulled apart, resting his hands on her shoulders. "I don't want to have the party Mum's throwing. She's trying to distract everyone from today, but...it's weird."

And it was weird.

April first had always been one of the more fun times of the year. The twins looked forward to it religiously, pulling pranks and remaining unscathed because "doth it is our birthday." It was also April Fool's Day, and the pair would claim "pranks are meant to happen on this day so no trouble can be brought upon us."

And now there were no pranks. No laughs. No Fred.

"What would you like to do?"

"Get hammered and eat chips."

Eden laughed at the bluntness of his reply. "We can do that," she nodded, pulling him into another hug.

It hurt to look at him, in a way. It was George but he still had Fred's face. Guilt consumed her the past three nights and that morning. Would Fred be alright about Elijah? Would he claim she moved on too fast? Would George hate her when she told him?

Eden hadn't spoken to Elijah since the previous morning, and had avoided leaving her flat for any chance encounters with Klaus. Harry and Ginny had a Mediwitch appointment back in the Wizarding World, and they were on "distract the Weasley matriarch" duty.

Ginny was in a terrible mood, too.

It was a bad day.

"So, this is your place?" George asked as Eden pulled back and let him look around.

"Yeah," Eden nodded, glancing at the antique furniture and eclectic paintings. She'd began to collect plants, it seemed, and had a terrible time keeping them alive. (Thankfully, Elijah always remembered they existed.)

George leaned against the sofa, observing her for a moment before he spoke. "You seem better," he stated. "Lighter."

Eden fiddled with her hands, looking down. "I'm seeing someone," she admitted softly, tears prickling her gaze. She didn't want to see his disappointed or hurt look. She didn't want him to berate her for moving on from Fred. She felt guilty enough as it was.