- EIGHTEEN

TRIGGER WARNING: graphic depictions of torture, referenced Stockholm syndrome, and references to past torture/abuse.

"i'm dolohov's pet, not — not whatever this is

"i'm dolohov's pet, not — not whatever this is."

"They have Caroline."

Eden groaned at Elena's text, leaning her head on Draco's shoulder. They were trying to watch Doctor Who together — a show Draco would profusely object to enjoying — when Elena texted her.

"You weren't kidding," Draco rolled his eyes. "There is far too much drama. We just got back."

"I told you, I'm always moving," Eden sighed, standing up and stretching.

"Where are you off to, then?" He asked, not moving from the couch.

Eden gave him a look. "I'm going to save Caroline."

"How?" Draco asked, leaning on his hand. "Are you going to be using your wand?"

Eden froze. He had a point. Damn him.

"No, I—"

"—so you'll be just as useless as if Elena went. I suggest you sit down, we watch this show, and you text Elijah to solve your problems for you."

Eden watched him for a moment as he reached for the remote, pressing play, and readjusted his position on the sofa. "Tick tock, darling," his eyes flickered to hers.

She couldn't just sit here and do nothing. This was Caroline. Then again, she wasn't exactly close to Caroline. She liked her well enough, but it's not like Elena was the one in danger.

And Draco was right. What could Eden do without a wand? Without her magic? Against werewolves?

Slowly, Eden sat back down.

"That's my girl," Draco commented as she pulled her legs under her. "Text your Original boyfriend. Salazar, that must come in handy."

"I don't like feeling like I'm using him," Eden frowned. "But I do need his help."

Draco looked at her for a moment. "It's alright to ask for help, Eden," he told her softly. "I haven't met him yet but he's already texted you twelve times and sent flowers to your place." He smirked. "I've been here nine hours, Eden, and I can see he's as enamored with you as you are with him. Ask him, he won't feel obliged. He wants to help."

Eden nodded, blushing at the reminders. He had, in fact, sent her flowers with a small note reading: 'Flowers to spruce your kitchen up, Elskan. Perhaps Draco could place a stasis charm on them for you?'

Draco did, in fact, place a stasis charm, and mocked her for how disgustingly romantic Elijah was to her.

Elijah responded to her request to help Caroline with a simple: Sending someone now, thank you for alerting me and not putting yourself in danger.