- FORTY-TWO

"how could you just put us behind you?"

EDEN found herself in charge of renovating the Mikaelson Mansion.

She wasn't entirely sure how she'd been roped into it all, but with the help of Elijah, the pair slowly brought life and love into the home.

There had been no word from Klaus, except a text he'd sent to Rebekah with an apology for leaving.

He hadn't spoken to Elijah.

Draco had moved into her former flat, promising to floo to work and back, and swearing to never leave her alone.

And unless she was with Elijah, he lived up to his word.

He oversaw the house renovations as well, having grown accustomed to it all when he had his mother's cottage built the previous year.

Eden liked having Draco around.

He brewed wolfsbane for her too, and extra pain potions for her headaches and mood swings. Surprisingly, he got on better with Rebekah than Elijah — but that wasn't to say he didn't like Elijah, he just preferred Rebekah — and the pair were often seen together.

Stefan and Rebekah continued seeing one another, thought it was awkward around Elena.

(Not that Eden had been privy to those conversations or moments, but if Stefan grumbling into her pillow was anything to go by — they were brutal.)

The full moon came sooner than Eden was prepared for, and she prepared Tyler Lockwood's cellar, grateful that he'd let her borrow it.

The pair had actually become fairly close, despite his sire bond to Klaus, and she asked him tips and tricks about the full moon.

If Klaus hadn't turned him into the first successful hybrid, Eden would have asked him to be in her pack.

She didn't technically have one anymore with Klaus gone.

Eden tried not to think about Klaus. She tried not to dwell on his painting that resided in her living room — which she'd promptly blown up with her first Bombarda since the war — or the way she and Elijah decorated a room for him in hopes he'd come home.

Rebekah and Eden grew closer, and Eden loved having another girl around. Hermione often visited — seeing her and Draco in action was like watching two hyenas. The longer they argued, the higher pitched they became until they just started kissing.

Stefan said it was similar to how Eden and Klaus were, and Rebekah slapped the back of his head for such a stupid remark.

"Good morning, Mikaelsons," Draco greeted as he entered the manor, giving Rebekah a friendly peck on the cheek in greeting as he passed her. "Eden, darling," he leaned against the wall, offering her a pepper-up potion upon seeing her exhausted face. "Potter said to call him. He wants to visit when this place is all up and running."