- NINETEEN

"i'd prefer him extinct if we're placing votes

"i'd prefer him extinct if we're placing votes."

Eden sat next to Draco in a state of numbness.

Elijah had left her, only for a few minutes. He'd called Draco via floo and prompted an immediate return. While comforting, there had only been one person ever capable of pulling her from states like this.

Draco's hand gently stroked her own. She could smell him. Tom Ford cologne. Sour apples. Smoke. Tom Ford cologne. Sour apples. Smoke. Tom Ford cologne. Sour apples. Smoke. Tom Ford cologne. Sour apples. Smoke...

"Eden?"

Eden's foggy gaze shifted to Draco's grey eyes. They were worried. They were always worried. His hand left hers. It cupped her face. Soft. He was always soft. Always there.

"Darling, look at me."

She was. Couldn't he see? She was looking at him. She could see him. She didn't really know where they were — didn't really understand anything going on or why they weren't in the manor — but she could see him. She was looking.

"Repeat after me, Eden."

Eden nodded.

"My name is Eden Sommers."

Eden watched his mouth move. Her eyebrows tugged together. She wondered when his hair had grown out. How long had she been away? When had she met Elijah, again? Why couldn't she remember?

Her mind drifted and her eyes did, too. She glanced off. His hand gently brought her attention back.

"My name is Eden Sommers."

Eden blinked. She'd said that hadn't she? Just now? Why was he asking her again? Did he want her to repeat the same thing over, and over again?

"My name is Eden Sommers."

Her gaze snapped to his again. That's frustrating. Why did her attention keep drifting. She couldn't focus properly. Where was she, again? Who was that man from earlier? Why was she kidnapped about a moonstone? What even was a moonstone? Why did Elijah have it? How long had she known Elijah?

"My name is Eden Sommers."

Eden nodded, finding his eyes again.

"My name," she repeated, eyebrows furrowed together tightly. Where had Elijah gone again? She wondered how he knew the man from earlier. Was he okay? What was his name again? Damon?

"My name is Eden Sommers."

She'd finished it, hadn't she? Hadn't she just responded? Just told him. Eden frowned in irritation.

"I'm fine," she responded to Draco's worried look. "You don't need to do all this."

"Hmm, not even close to what I asked you to repeat," Draco countered, annoyance flooding his eyes.